Angelfish not growing

Scanlon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi all,

last year I got 6 small platinum angels, I lost four over the year, one only had one eye and I don't think the guy I brought them off bred from the best stock. The two I have left are doing fine and are bright and alert. One is fairly big I'd say the body is about 2 1/2 inches but his dorsal fin is a bit droopy (I got told its a common problem with blues). The other is significantly smaller, they were the same size when I got them and just wondered why they aren't growing at the same rate?

Thanks

Swimmy-da-fish

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
hey im thinking that he has dwarfism for fish im not sure the scientific name especially considering his siblings didnt make it and one only had one eye.

fresh water

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
males grow faster than females it seems, does the small one get as much to eat as the other fish?

Scanlon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The small one gets it's fair share at feeding time. I should of said in my origional post they don't seem to have grown much in the last 3 months.

Lexi03

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm thinking your susptions about the breeder are right, I bought two angels that where about 1.25 inches ( quarter size) at the end of march, and they are already 2.5 to 3inches in just a couple months.although one is slightly bigger, they aren't too much differnet in size.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom