Angelfish not eating & swollen eye

jarrett181

Does anyone know what’s wrong?

it has one eye that almost looks like popeye being enlarged and cloudy, but it also looks like it’s deteriorating.
It will not eat.
Since noticing that it’s sick, I’ve done about a 20-25% water change daily, but doesn’t seem to help.
It looks like it’s been beaten up with lesions on its side and find, but I’ve never seen them fight, even during spawning..

this fish has been in the. tank since setup about a year ago

I am planning to run to Walmart for some melafix, but wanted to get opinions and thoughts as well. Thanks!

Attachments

• 951AA7D8-2A0C-46EF-9FF8-14702B9C9196.jpeg
    951AA7D8-2A0C-46EF-9FF8-14702B9C9196.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 6AF15674-2183-47BF-A035-82A9D20763B4.jpeg
    6AF15674-2183-47BF-A035-82A9D20763B4.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 20

Mhamilton0911

Is this a proven mated pair or do you have several in this tank?

I would separate for treatment , if possible. If this is an injury, you only need to treat the one fish, not the whole tank.

Upvote 0

jarrett181

Is this a proven mated pair or do you have several in this tank?

I would separate for treatment , if possible. If this is an injury, you only need to treat the one fish, not the whole tank.

No I have 5 Angels along with some Cory’s. I don’t think it’s an injury because I’ve never seen any kind of aggression in the tank. It’s a 90 gallon.

Upvote 0

jarrett181

Have you added any new fish or maybe new live plants that perhaps introduced parasites or diseases?
nothing is new, the last thing I put in was a Sword plant and that was 4-5 months ago.

Upvote 0

Mhamilton0911

I'm not sure, but I'll look around to try to help ya!

Mods. Lucy

This thread might get more help in fish disease section, if you could move it.

Upvote 0

jarrett181

I'm not sure, but I'll look around to try to help ya!

Mods. Lucy

This thread might get more help in fish disease section, if you could move it.
Okay thanks! Sorry, I didn’t know where to post it.

Upvote 0

Coradee

Welcome to Fishlore Jarrett181, moved the thread to the disease & health board for you

Upvote 0

RayClem

Unfortunately, popeye is a symptom rather than a specific disease. There can be a variety of causes, thus a variety of treatments.

Quarantine the fish. The initial treatment might be to add salt to the water. If the fish will eat at all, you might try adding a broad spectrum antibiotic to the food. That can be more effective than treating the water.

Observe the fish closely. If you start to see evidence of fungal growth on the eye, you can use a fungal treatment.

Essential oil treatments such as MelaFix might be helpful.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
oliviawilliam2017
Replies
Views
nikkiblue
Replies
Views
Sauceboat
Replies