Angelfish Nipping Other Angelfish

MSteel

Reaction score
I purchased 5 Angelfish at the same time from the same company, they were shipped. They are all just about the same size, but the smallest one I have caught nipping at the fins of the other Angelfish. Should I remove him from the tank? He doesn't seem to be playing well with others... Or is this stress related - they arrived on Tuesday?

Thanks!
Jessica

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Is there any "real" damage being done or just chasing and pecking? Angelfish are cichlids after all and will establish who's gonna be boss in the tank Is the tank cycled?
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
MSteel, I just wanted to say that your dogs are TRULY beautiful!

MSteel

Reaction score
Thanks for replying! The tank is cycled, I just noticed the nipping, not due to damage just activity. Maybe they are feeling things out...
Jessica

MSteel

Reaction score
THANK YOU! They are my pride and joy! :)

Isabella said:
MSteel, I just wanted to say that your dogs are TRULY beautiful!

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have no doubt they are! I can easily see how much work you must be putting into their care. They look so clean, healthy, and generally well cared for. Really wonderful dogs

MSteel

Reaction score
It appears I was alarmed for no reason. ;D It must have been a stress related behavior since they had just been shipped to me. As of now all five are schooling together quite nicely. I do notice some pairing in a general sense and of course my favorite hasn't paired off. HA!

A couple of them are getting the most beautiful orange coloration on their bodies and fins, they were ghostly white when they arrived last Wednesday.

Thank you so much!
Jessica

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I am glad your Angels are doing well If you ever need any help again, don't hesitate to ask.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom