Angelfish Lip Locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelfishlover123124125

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've had my angels for a few days and i never noticed and signs of aggression or anything.Today I saw them chasing each other a bit.After a few hours i noticed two of my angel lip locking.I know it might be that they're testing each other's strength but they're only about 2-3cm in height (their body only and they were only lip locking for about 2 seconds.After 8 hours i didnt see any more lip locking .Any ideas of what it can be?

Angelfishlover123124125

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Just normal Cichlid behavior IMO.
However, keep an eye on them.
How many angels do you have?
Sorry i didn't reply.I wasn't home.And i have 12 angels but i do plan do rehome some as then get bigger.

Any chance they might be trying to pair up?

AndI I've had my angels for 3 weeks. (Made a mistake in the thread)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ankers

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Maybe there introducing their scent to my one another. Lots of fish communicate through color and smell.

Bizarro252

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have not seen my babies lip lock but the established breeding pair WAIL on eachother the day before they spawn... Cichlids being Cichlids

Angelfishlover123124125

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I never saw them doing it again.And when im not near the tank for a long time i record them and play the footage later but i still never saw them lip locking again.

Ed204

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I never saw them doing it again.And when im not near the tank for a long time i record them and play the footage later but i still never saw them lip locking again.
Just remember to monitor them closely and keep us posted.
Good Luck!

Fish-whisper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If your Angelfish defend the same side of the tank together that should mean that their paired up. However, I'm no expert.
That's usually a good sign unless you have a two timing male like I do, never know what side of tank he'll be on with another female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom