Angelfish in a 40 gallon tal

1. F

FishGuy101 Valued Member Member

can i kep 2 angelfish in a 40 gallon high

2. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

yes, it is recommended a pair get at least 25 gallons so a 40 would be excellent (this is my opinion though and my brother has a pair in one with a school of cherry barbs) others may have something else to offer though...

3. OP
    OP
    F

ok thank you for you input

4. l

lizzj Valued Member Member

Yes, you can keep 2 angels in a 40 gallon. They look nice with a school of harlequin rasboras.

5. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Keeping a pair in a 25 gallon would be for breeding only. No other fish would be in the tank.

6. OP
    OP
    F

so i can i might ince i find a home for my blood perrot and can a group of 5 tiger barbs live with them because i just got the group as a preasent

7. C

If you end up with male and female Angels, you'd have a bit of a war zone. Tiger Barbs are semi aggressive and Angels are very aggressive if they breed.

There is also a good chance that the Tigers would nip the fins on the Angels.

8. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I wouldn't even keep a breeding pair in a 25, that's just not enough space in my opinion. Also definitely no tiger barbs with angels, for the reason CN stated.

9. C

25 gallons for a breeding pair is very common. I know Catsma uses a 25. I use a 29 for my pair.

10. OP
    OP
    F

o i wont ten what else can i get

11. carolo43

carolo43 Valued Member Member

A mated pair of angels will do fine in a 40 gallon. A non-pair will not. They are far too aggressive with each other and why I keep one in one 55 gallon and one in another 55 gallon. I would keep one if I was you but NOT with Tiger Barbs. Even if you should end up with a mated pair, they spawn about every 20 days and you'd need numerous tanks for all the fry.

What's the matter with your blood parrot? I LUV my blood parrots! They've been my favorite fish yet.

12. carolo43

carolo43 Valued Member Member

Totally agree! I would not even keep one in 25 gallons.

13. OP
    OP
    F

the tank is to small for him or so I've been told

14. C

For a full grown blood parrot, yeah a 40 tall is too small. Have you thought about any dwarf Cichlids, like rams?

15. OP
    OP
    F

rams are nippy and kill every thing ive had one and the blood perrot is between 2 and 2.5 inches how big wil he get before i have to upgrade

16. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

I have never had my rams bother anyone other than staking out territories between each other. You must have gotten a mean one. That or it did not feel secure.

17. OP
    OP
    F

my tank was heavely planted he killed a oscar !!! i was kepping it temporarily it was 3 inches long and i come home one day and there it is dead

pshyduck

18. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

He killed an OSCAR?! That fish had to have been sick or something. Oscars are far more aggressive than rams.

And yush n.n

19. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I have two rams in my 55 gallon community and they've never acted the least bit aggressive. I also have a dwarf cichlid in another tank (the fish in my avatar) and he isn't the least bit aggressive either. :)

20. OP
    OP
    F

dont ask how but he did hes also a little fin nipper

can i put a african dwarf frog in my tank