Angelfish Help !! Fin Rot And Eye Haze

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can you give us more information? What size tank, what are the water parameters, what other fish are in the tank, how old is the tank, how long you've been treating, etc?

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I treated fin rot on an angel by removing him from the main tank to a 5g tank and treated him with salt a teaspoon a gal. Fin rot was cured in days and it took him about a month for his fin to grow back. Salt and clean water for fin rot.

BettaLover1

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
He should clear up with continued fin rot medication as well as Melafix. I would also suggest do a water change on the tank to make sure no other fish are affected if you do have others that he was with when you noticed the issue at first. Aquarium salt will help, and you can put a slight dose in the tank with others as well if you have any as a precaution. It can’t hurt. As for him, that should go away. As long as he is eating and swimming as usual it’s not a deadly issue

Elaine12

Reaction score
So the fin rot looks completely gone at this point. He still has the spot on his eye. I had to move them all to a smaller tank to treat them on Sunday . I lists two platies and two bristle nose . I’m not sure what happen my tank has been up for 4 months my numbers are low
0-20 nitrate
0 nitrite
6.0 - 6.5 ph
0 kh
120gh

I’m working on getting my kh up and my gh down. I put some crushed coral in yesterday.

I’m not sure if these is all because I use api fertilizer for my plants because everything was fine until then. I even found out I had a breeding pair that spawned last week but ate their eggs because I was not expecting it to happen.

Attached is a picture of his eye

He is my male in my pair

Last edited by a moderator:

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Keep changing the water. Clean water with salt should clear the eye up too. What size is your main tank?

Elaine12

Reaction score
I just did a water change , took the plants out, and add salt. It seems like ever time I add salt my plants die.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just did a water change , took the plants out, and add salt. It seems like ever time I add salt my plants die.
Yeah, most plants won't tolerate salt. Java fern and anacharis are fine with salt though. Daily water changes should keep the KH up and fresh water is your best friend as mentioned. Remove any dead plant matter.

Elaine12

Reaction score
I have them in my sick tank now. I put the driftwood that has amazon sword on it I put it a different tank before I put the salt in it. In my main tank I have amazon swords on my heir last leg.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have them in my sick tank now. I put the driftwood that has amazon sword on it I put it a different tank before I put the salt in it. In my main tank I have amazon swords on my heir last leg.
It's good the angel is now is his own tank. Now you can add the salt no problem. Daily water changes as well to keep water pristine and dose salt for water removed.

I would do the salt for a week at least or until you see it's healed.

Water change out the salt on your main tank and give the swords a root tab.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom