Angelfish got attacked

Xxredxx

Hello,
I'm having an issue with my three-year-old angel fish.. I wanted to get her buddy since recently her mate passed. So I went to the store and I bought a koi angel fish male around her size. I put the male angel fish in a quarantine tank for 2 weeks to make sure that he didn't bring any diseases to my tank. Then I properly acclamated him by the drip technique. And added him to her tank which is around 20 gallons. I watched them for a few hours before I went to work and they were getting a along fine. However when I came home my female black angel fish was at the top of my tank gasping almost sideways. With almost all of her scales from her side fins to her head gone. I immediately removed the mail angel fish back to the hospital tank, and did a 30% water change on my 20 gallon and added aquarium salt and stress coat to the tank. The male practically tried to kill her. I think she has swimmer's water because she went upside down and then with the aquarium salt now she sideways. Her scales are coming back on one side but since she floats at the top of the tank sideways the other sthe other side is touching the top of the water. So I have her like edged between my plant and my intake so she kinda sits straight up hoping that it will level back out with her and her sides will heal better. However this morning when I woke up I noticed where her scales are gone while it's healing, there is really dark red like there's blood underneath her scales. I don't know what else I can do for her if you have any ideas what I can do to make her better I would greatly appreciate it. I also have been doing 20% water changes on her tank every day. So her tank parameters are almost 0.
I also added a photo of her it's really hard to get a picture because she's at the back of my tank like a wedged under my filtration system.

Attachments

• 20210819_125354.jpg
    20210819_125354.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 16

Ovi

First of all you cant just buy a male angelfish and expect the two to form a pair...if they do not like each other the male is gonna beat her to death.To attemp such thing you needed to closely observe the two, add lots of hiding places(also tank size contributes to this... it s hard for the female to hide in a 20gal) and be ready to separate them if it goes sideways.
Now I hope your female will recover.. you did well changing the water and adding stress coat. I generally dont use salt but as far as i know it could be dangerous to scaleless fish(and you just mentioned she s missin lots of scales).Good water quality+crossing your fingers is the only treatment i can think of

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Aquaticguy
Replies
Views
sleeplessrat
Replies
Views
Analisemcg
Replies
Views