Angelfish First Spawn

Daisytattoo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
2 of my angels paired up and spawned in my community tank. Yes I know the fry are not likely to survive and I’m ok with that. Honestly I’m surprised we are 36 hours in and they haven’t eaten the eggs. I didn’t see them spawn but I finally saw a breeding tube so I’m thinking the marble is the male of the pair.
3F09537D-07F9-473F-964C-62E25CC8CC65.jpeg

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I wish I could breed my angels, but unfortunately they are too young to breed and are one of the more difficult fish to breed in the home aquarium.

Daisytattoo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think the difficulty in breeding depends on the kind and if they were parent raised. More likely to take care of their own fry if their parents raised them. I think the eggs may have been there longer than I thought because they are getting a little bouncy. So far parents are still diligently caring for them.

Daisytattoo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think the difficulty in breeding depends on the kind and if they were parent raised. More likely to take care of their own fry if their parents raised them. I think the eggs may have been there longer than I thought because they are getting a little bouncy. So far parents are still diligently caring for them.

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I currently own wild caught altum angels, which are known to be difficult to keep and breed.

Daisytattoo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes, those are much more difficult. I have wrigglers today but not many. Mom was having a hard time keeping up with them as they fell off the leaf. Dad was busy patrolling for intruders so he wasn’t much help. Unfortunately he missed the fact a Cory has camped himself under the leaf and if sucking them up as they hit the ground.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom