Angelfish Eggs! Worried!

cognizant

Well Known
Well, it appears my Golden Angelfish, Pearl, and my Marble Angelfish, Poundcake, have begun laying eggs. A leaf on one of my Anubias plants is covered in them, and the Angelfish are guarding it like crazy. I should be excited, but I am more worried than anything else. I don't have anywhere to keep baby angelfish! I had no intention of breeding the Angels when I got them.

Eienna

Fishlore VIP
They may be OK left with the parents. I couldn't tell you for sure, though. I've never bred angels.

Cichlidnut

Fishlore VIP
I like the name poundcake

Good advice from AP. Just pull the eggs. You may get bitten while doing that though

Gamer

Well Known
Yeah my old pair fought against my hand like they were at war when they were guarding their eggs. I however let them keep theirs. If you have no place to put them later you could yeah remove the eggs. There are other fish besides them in the tank so then maybe you can leave the eggs then do your normal lights out routine and by morning they'll likely be gone...of course they'll end up spawning again...

OP
cognizant

cognizant

Well Known
Well the eggs all turned white and the fish ate them. I was very relieved, but now my boyfriend is upset because he wanted baby Angelfish. If they lay eggs again and any hatch... maybe I can use it as an excuse to get another tank.

AmazonPassion

Fishlore VIP
cognizant said:
Well the eggs all turned white and the fish ate them. I was very relieved, but now my boyfriend is upset because he wanted baby Angelfish. If they lay eggs again and any hatch... maybe I can use it as an excuse to get another tank.
I know how you feel, I was bit relieved when my eggs were white. I wanted to enjoy the Angels and not have to worry about raising fry at the moment.

New Threads