Angelfish eating floating plants

kansas

The angelfish I got about a month ago eats duckwood and the roots off the frogbit.

I'm hoping to grow a lot of floating plants, and this is slowing them down. I feed flakes and pellets from the breeder, Angel Plus, and frozen brine shrimp and blood worms once or twice a week.

Anyone know why it's doing this? Hungry, something missing from the diet? Any suggestions for other floater that it would likely leave alone?

SouthAmericanCichlids

The angelfish I got about a month ago eats duckwood and the roots off the frogbit.

I'm hoping to grow a lot of floating plants, and this is slowing them down. I feed flakes and pellets from the breeder, Angel Plus, and frozen brine shrimp and blood worms once or twice a week.

Anyone know why it's doing this? Hungry, something missing from the diet? Any suggestions for other floater that it would likely leave alone?
Strange I have them and they haven't touched my duckweed, what flakes and pellets, my guess is not enough veggies in the diet, maybe add some fluval bug bites spirulina food. Or he could just like duckweed more than other angels.

LowConductivity

Angelfish eat duckweed like skittles iME, nothing odd there. Juvenile angelfish are eating machines when they are happy, I've got growout tanks that will eat 10x a day, and still beg like they're starving 10 minutes later. If it'll eat, feed it

SouthAmericanCichlids

Angelfish eat duckweed like skittles iME, nothing odd there. Juvenile angelfish are eating machines when they are happy, I've got growout tanks that will eat 10x a day, and still beg like they're starving 10 minutes later. If it'll eat, feed it
Interesting, in my tanks they don't eat it at all unless they mistake it for food when it gets blown into the water column. I actually struggle keeping it controlled, but I do have 2 veggie foods mixed in with my regular flakes.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
opinewv
Replies
Views
ystrout
Replies
Views
Nathan iii
Replies
Views