Angelfish died because of something I did

SomyaValecha

I just had one of my angelfish die because I put him in with my bigger one when he wasn't ready for it. I feel really bad because the fish death was 100% preventable if I didn't do that.

Dechi

I’ve yet to meet a fish keeper who’s never had that happen.

We make mistakes, and sometimes our mistake will cost the life of a fish, or many. What’s important is to learn from it so it doesn’t happen again.

StinkyLoaf

I use to own a female gold veil angelfish. She was fully grown; at least six inches. One day I woke up to find her beaten up and shredded to pieces by the other cichlids. She died hours later after being rehomed.

It’s possible to keep angels with other cichlids and they all feared her up until this moment in time. Once a fish falls ill or injured it’ll become a target for bullying. I’m sorry to hear about what happened to your angel as they‘re among the best fish IMO.

DoubleDutch

Agree with Dechi
Would be quite empty here if all members who made mistakes like that would be banned.
You'll NEVER make this mistake again.

DejaVu22

It’s fine! I have made some bad mistakes... that’s how you learn and develop experience!

ZachG

SomyaValecha said:
I just had one of my angelfish die because I put him in with my bigger one when he wasn't ready for it. I feel really bad because the fish death was 100% preventable if I didn't do that.
Don’t feel bad, I found my angelfish dead on the floor today. Had I known this I would have gotten a better lid but mistakes are how we learn.

Latest threads

Top Bottom