Angelfish deformity-missing ventral fins

Katie993

I received 8 small marble angelfish a couple weeks ago. Everyone is healthy and happy but one is missing ventral fins. I know this is a common deformity but, my question is how will this fish do long term? Will it affect it? One of the bigger ones seems to pick on it quite a bit but, it picks on everybody. I thought about rehoming it to someone wanting a single angel for a community tank if I can find someone interested or hanging onto it and putting it in my next community tank as a look pretty instead of letting it pair off with the others.

StarGirl

Ive only had Angels once. Bumping you to see if someone can help!

Upvote 0

AquaticQueen

I received 8 small marble angelfish a couple weeks ago. Everyone is healthy and happy but one is missing ventral fins. I know this is a common deformity but, my question is how will this fish do long term? Will it affect it? One of the bigger ones seems to pick on it quite a bit but, it picks on everybody. I thought about rehoming it to someone wanting a single angel for a community tank if I can find someone interested or hanging onto it and putting it in my next community tank as a look pretty instead of letting it pair off with the others.
A missing ventral fin shouldn't effect it long-term.
If you find it gets bullied more than the others, moving it to the other community tank would be a good idea.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • SouthAmericanCichlids
  • Angelfish
Replies
Views
coralbandit
Replies
Views
TClare
Replies