Angelfish Compatibility

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by Angelfish321, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Angelfish321

Angelfish321New MemberMember

I want angelfish though I am not sure how compatibility they are with my fish my tank is a 140 litre and I want 4 or 6 angels.
    I have 3 harlequin rasboras (I know they need more of their kind I have a overdue pet store visit) 3 kuhli loaches, 2 bristlenose catfish 1 scissor tail rasboras and 4 swordtails

2. Littlebudda

LittlebuddaWell Known MemberMember

In a 36gal I wouldn't even put angels let alone with those other fish with them

3. Lance0414

Lance0414Well Known MemberMember

I have a single Angel in my 36 Gallon and if he wasn't so chill about everything i would have to get him a bigger tank. If you get a relaxed/chill Angel and rehome the Scissortail Rasbora(They get on the large size for Rasboras) you could do-
    1 Angel or 1 Pearl Gourami(If you can't find a relaxed Angel)
    14 Harlequin Rasboras
    2 BN Plecos(People will disagree with me about BNs with Angels because of their temperature needs but my BN is in my tank with the Angel and is growing and thriving)
    4 Swordtails(1 Male 3 Females, More than one male in this size tank and there will be a massacre)
    14 Kuhli Loaches
    Temp.-77'F

4. OP
    OP
    Angelfish321

Angelfish321New MemberMember

I don't really want to rehome my scissortail because he is my oldest fish and he's been with my for a few years, but I can move him. a few years back when I had no idea how compatible fish could be with each I had 4 angels in with a bunch of neon tetras my scissortail rasbora and I think maybe even a clown loach with no problems (my memory is very bad so I can't name all the species or if there was any clown loaches but I do remember at one point I definitely had one)

5. bizaliz3

bizaliz3Fishlore LegendMember

If you had no problems with four angels in a 36 in your past experience, I would assume you did not have adults...

I just want to let you know that your scissortail Rasbora is a schooling fish.... so rather than adding more different kinds of fish, I suggest you give your scissortail rasbora an appropriate School.

The harlequins and the loaches would also benefit by a larger group than three.

In my opinion if you want to add more fish to this tank you should only focus on increasing the schools.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice