Angelfish Compatibility

1. Angelfish321

Angelfish321 New Member Member

I want angelfish though I am not sure how compatibility they are with my fish my tank is a 140 litre and I want 4 or 6 angels.
    I have 3 harlequin rasboras (I know they need more of their kind I have a overdue pet store visit) 3 kuhli loaches, 2 bristlenose catfish 1 scissor tail rasboras and 4 swordtails

2. Littlebudda

Littlebudda Well Known Member Member

In a 36gal I wouldn't even put angels let alone with those other fish with them

3. Lance0414

Lance0414 Well Known Member Member

I have a single Angel in my 36 Gallon and if he wasn't so chill about everything i would have to get him a bigger tank. If you get a relaxed/chill Angel and rehome the Scissortail Rasbora(They get on the large size for Rasboras) you could do-
    1 Angel or 1 Pearl Gourami(If you can't find a relaxed Angel)
    14 Harlequin Rasboras
    2 BN Plecos(People will disagree with me about BNs with Angels because of their temperature needs but my BN is in my tank with the Angel and is growing and thriving)
    4 Swordtails(1 Male 3 Females, More than one male in this size tank and there will be a massacre)
    14 Kuhli Loaches
    Temp.-77'F

4. OP
    OP
    Angelfish321

Angelfish321 New Member Member

I don't really want to rehome my scissortail because he is my oldest fish and he's been with my for a few years, but I can move him. a few years back when I had no idea how compatible fish could be with each I had 4 angels in with a bunch of neon tetras my scissortail rasbora and I think maybe even a clown loach with no problems (my memory is very bad so I can't name all the species or if there was any clown loaches but I do remember at one point I definitely had one)

5. bizaliz3

bizaliz3 Fishlore Legend Member

If you had no problems with four angels in a 36 in your past experience, I would assume you did not have adults...

I just want to let you know that your scissortail Rasbora is a schooling fish.... so rather than adding more different kinds of fish, I suggest you give your scissortail rasbora an appropriate School.

The harlequins and the loaches would also benefit by a larger group than three.

In my opinion if you want to add more fish to this tank you should only focus on increasing the schools.