Angelfish Compatibility

1. tootsiepup Initiate Member

Hi, this is my first post on Fish Lore. I am stocking a 29 gallon aquarium. It's dimensions are 30" long, 18" high, and 12.5" deep. It is fully cycled and there are four Peppered Cories in there right now. I was wondering if I could add these fish to my tank and how many.
    Platinum Angelfish
    Silver Hatchet fish
    Golden White Cloud:)

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

You have peppered corys which need low temperatures in the 20-22C range, the white clouds would be fine with them but the Angelfish & hatchets need a higher temperature & imo a bigger tank.

Forgot to say welcome to Fishlore :)

3. Harlebleondora Well Known Member Member

White clouds will most likely be eaten by angelfish depending on their size. Bump up your school of peppered corys because they will enjoy being in a school and will be less stressed and come out more often. I think that 1x angelfish, 6x peppered corys and 6x silver hatchetfish will max out your stocking. I wouldn't put more then that in the tank.

4. tootsiepup Initiate Member

I have been told by other articles on this site that they would be fine but if I were to go with a different center piece what would you reccomend

Would that stocking be an active stocking or a not so active one

Also what would be a bright schooling fish I could add if I went with 1 angel, 5 cories, and 5 hatchets

5. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Your tank would be stocked with those fish, I wouldn't add any more
    If you go with that stocking please change the species of corys, you will shorten the lifespan of the peppered keeping them at higher temperatures than they've evolved to live in.

6. tootsiepup Initiate Member

I've had these fish for two months and they've been perfectly fine

7. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

They can take higher temperatures for short periods but not permanently, they should live 15-20 years given the right conditions.

8. tootsiepup Initiate Member

ok thank you so much evryone

9. Harlebleondora Well Known Member Member

Wow, I had no idea little corys could live so long :)

10. tootsiepup Initiate Member

This is my new stocking list
    4 peppered cories
    1 Platinum angel
    5 silver hatchets
    3 yoyo loaches

11. tootsiepup Initiate Member

Any idea if this list will work