angelfish compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezdude

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a 20 gallon, tall. I have 2 cardinals, 3 corycats, 1GBR. I would like to get 3-4 more cardinals, and a larger fish, like an angel. would this be reasonable?

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's not very likely that an Angel will eat the Cardinals unless they are very small. Angels will eat Neons but usually Cardinals are ok once they get a little bigger. I'd be more worried about overstocking the tank. A 20gal is really only large enough for one Angel on it's own IMO. Maybe with a few Corys down the bottom. Having more Cardinals in the tank is no problem without the Angel. You might be better served by something like a Honey Gourami as a centre piece fish.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It's not very likely that an Angel will eat the Cardinals unless they are very small. Angels will eat Neons but usually Cardinals are ok once they get a little bigger. I'd be more worried about overstocking the tank. A 20gal is really only large enough for one Angel on it's own IMO. Maybe with a few Corys down the bottom. Having more Cardinals in the tank is no problem without the Angel. You might be better served by something like a Honey Gourami as a centre piece fish.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom