angelfish breeding

garybuk

Reaction score
i just got two angle fish from my mate cos hes sold his tank now, iv been reading about and i wan breed them i no they are apair cos my mate told me they they too killed the other angles cos they was always fightem them so they are defo a pair , they seem ok atm in my tank but iv read someware they it needs am flat bottom , i have gravle in mine does this mean me me to get them to breed i gota take the gravel out? or do i put like flat rocks in ther? any help would be very greatfull. thanks in advenced gary

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
if you want to breed them all you have to do is raise the temp to around 80 degrees and if they are a pair they will spawn. The only way to tell them apart is by their breeding tubes when they are ready to spawn. You can place a piece of slate in your tank to provide a spawning site but they will still use what ever they want. Sometimes the side of the tank or even the filter tube. A diet with bloodworms is good too for conditioning. Can't remember the other tips that I ahve gotten on here.... Wait for butterfly and isabella to give you more suggestions. They are really good at this.. Good luck to you...

Heidi

garybuk

Reaction score
ahh thanks i have turnt the temp up i new that one from reading about , my tank is like empty all i got is a fake plate in the middle with gravel, do i need to lose the gravel and iv read about the breeding tubes too what are they for do i put them in now or when i got the eggs and same with the slets now or when i got the eggs, i really wana give this ago so please bair with me if im asking lots of question im very greatfull for anyhelp i get tho

garybuk

Reaction score
anyone know???

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No need to remove the gravel.
Angels lay their eggs on plant leaves in the wild.
The best way to get them to breed if they are ready is too place a long flat rock proped up in the corner or use a piece of PVC tube, also proped up in the corner.
Place either item so that the bottom is more toward the center of the tank, while the top is closer to the corners.
I will get a picture tomorrow of what this looks like.

Dino

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Raise the temp up to about 80F, high protein foods like frozen blood worms, frozen shrimp, etc. for one meal a day, large water changes, these will encourage spawning.
The surfaces they like to spawn on are pieces of slate, the filter uptake tube,large leaves of plants and sometimes the tank glass or here ever they get the idea to lay them. I've had them lay on heaters, sponge filters also
Carol

garybuk

Reaction score
ahh thanks for the help pics will help twice as much so please and thanks... umm i have a juwel tank so the filter and heater and like in a box so thats no good, about the plants do i need real or fake, sorry for all the qestions iv kept tropcail fish so i no wot im kinda doing just nevre breed and i really wana, iv raised the temp 1st thing i did , doing water changes , do i need air bubbles? and how often shud the light bee on cos i read someware they like the dark im really greatfull for the help thank you soo much people, pics please if you can mate thanks

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have several little movielets of my angels spawning but they are just a tiny bit too big for our download limit. sorry do have pics of eggs and free swimmers if you want to see them
carol

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
clear.gif

Picture is a rock placed for angelfish to lay eggs on.

Dino

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom