Angelfish breeding

Superubergirl

Will Angelfish breed in same spot in aquarium. Last week I noticed angelfish had spawned in community tank. The eggs were on a non removal part of tank. Most of the eggs because infefected with fungus. I tried to remove most eggs using dropper. I Left the rest only to wake up this morning and found out they ate the rest.

I have the eggs I saved in tank with methylene blue and airstone in small container.most of the eggs are white with the now blue fungus. Not sure if the few that are left can still be saved. Doing water changes and waiting.

Will the breeding pair try it again in same spot? Tried to remove some of the white eggs in container some eggs are still yellowish do they still have a chance?

jake37

Nope. Mine breed every 2 or 3 weeks and each time they seem to pick a different spot. Sometimes they reuse the same spot but i never know what they will do next.

Superubergirl

Thanks, for reply.

DerekO24

Anyone ever have a breeding pair just take some time off? Have a young pair that were pumping out babies for a while , but they’ve taken a couple months off now .. weird ..
No changes to water feeding , anything. They seem healthy , other tank mates also. Plants doing well. Everything normal

jake37

Mine are 2 years old - they've taken 3 or 4 weeks off - a lot of time i wish they would take longer since they are in a community tank.

Random Great Thread

Top Bottom