Angelfish breeding.

1. p

pinkynicca New Member Member

Hello, i have two adult double dark angels, they lay eggs every so often but this time they are wiggiling, i seperated the parents and the eggs on one side of the tank, away from the other fish, when i bought these fish i was told they were brother and sister, if these little guys work out are these angels going to be ok? since the parents are brother and sister? the male and female are beautiful and healthy but i just dont know much about this subject, wasnt sure if helping protect these eggs are the right thing to do or not, thank you!

2. c

catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to the forum.

If the parents are healthy and thriving there is no concern with breeding brother to sister. This practice happens often to further desired traits being developed. This practice is known as inline breeding.

Do you have a separate tank for the fry once they go free swimming? Are you prepared to feed them?

Please post pictures of your happy parents. I've love to see them!

Good luck!!

3. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

4. B

Bob MCcoy New Member Member

hello im new here but i have been breeding angels for a long time . yes the fry will be fine . as they grow a little they will need to be transferd to there own grow out tank. the bigger the better as to not stunt there growth. when u do move them try to use as much of the water that they were layed in for the new tank. bet either some first bights or baby brine shrimp to feed them. i had bigger fry and healthier when i hatched my own shrimp and fed it to them. any ? i can help with let me no.