Angelfish Bloated? New Here. Help!

Twiggy

Reaction score
One of my beautiful angels has a big tummy. I have six large angels, two have seemingly paired off. I'll deal with that later, but on who isn't dating anyone looks bad. Not sure if it's bloat or what.

The sick one isn't paired off

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It is the stomach so it could be bloat or constipation. I would move the fish into hospital tank and treat with salt and feed with something with garlic in it. Nutridiet discus food would be my choice.

Twiggy

Reaction score
Ok, so I did the bath thing, totally researched before hand. He/ she is back in the main tank. 45 gallon. Water change, all the things have been done. How long will a full recovery take ? Don't want to lose this fish.
It's still fat..

No food eaten by this one. Refusing. Wants to, but can't, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m not the best here for this. How long of a bath and what did you bath him in? I like the hospital tank and salt. It’s constantly getting the salt through it’s system. So if it is constipation it will come out.

Twiggy

Reaction score
I did exactly that. A small tank, Epsom salts. Kept there for 20 minutes, then back to main tank. Still the same behavior. Should I keep him in the hospital tank longer? I have an air source in the way of a small pump and air stone. I used water from the main tank

Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 61 65.6%

Top Bottom