Angelfish And Gourami Compatible?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by penguin02, Apr 25, 2018.

1. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

I've been looking into this because I'm curious. Probably won't end up doing it because an angelfish and a gourami in a 26g would be pushing it, but does anyone have experience with these two fish in a smaller sized tank? (as in, less than 50 gallons or so)

2. Lorekeeper

Lorekeeper Well Known Member Member

I kept a single angel in a 29 gallon with some cardinals at one point. I wouldn't really recommend it, since looking back, that fish probably wasn't super healthy. The tank size wasn't the only issue, but it was a big part. I'd say 29 bare minimum for these guys, and a 40B recommended. Everyone will give you a different opinion, though, so be prepared to form your own opinion by researching.

There are many, many different types of gouramis. A dwarf gourami will do alright in a 10. So will a honey gourami. However, Powder Blues will probably need a 20 long minimum.

Honestly, I wouldn't keep both of those fish in a tank smaller than a 55. They're both what I'd consider "semi-aggressive", and might be a bit more inclined to kill eachother in a small space.

3. OP
    OP
    penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

I have a healthy angel in my 26g right now, and I’ve always liked pearl gouramis. But I figured that wasn’t a good idea. Just wanted some different opinions ;)

4. JamieXPXP

JamieXPXP Well Known Member Member

I've had gouramis and angels together for years in the past and didn't have any issues or aggression

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice