Angelfish And Glofish?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by wapooshe, Apr 24, 2017.

1. wapoosheValued MemberMember

Can I keep 2 angelfish and some glofish? I know glofish are zebra danios and angels might attack and glos can fin nip. But, I have a 75 gal tank and stocking 40 gal worth of fish. So plenty of room for them to stay away from each other.also how many glofish will I need to make a comfortable school for them?

2. BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

No, glo danios need water below 75f while angels need water above 78f

Edit: 6 minimum for a school but they are happier in larger groups

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  3. wapoosheValued MemberMember

Don't wanna doubt you. But, glofish.com says that they can be in temps 64F- 86F but glofish are comfortable in 70F-80F.
    Edit: They are comfortable in 72F-80F

4. BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

The glofish website is very inaccurate it also says "About 25-50% of the water in your tank should be changed at least once a month." and that they can be kept in 1.5 gallon tanks.

Glo danios do well in water 68-75f so around 72f is best

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  5. wapoosheValued MemberMember

What are the consequences of glofish bring in warmer temps?

6. BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

Their metabolism increases greatly, they are more susceptible to disease and live much shorter lives. It is cruel.

7. navarro1950Valued MemberMember

My wife had a 10 gal tank with some glofish 2 of each color well that tank started to leak and the only place we had to put them was in my 125 with my discus and that's where they have been for the last year maybe more and that tank is kept at 82 -83 degrees.

8. TheGlofishGuyNew MemberMember

I wouldn't put GloFish in with the angelfish. The GloFish would get eaten right away.

9. LA58Valued MemberMember

In my 55 I have 6 bright red zebra Glo danios. They dart about so fast my angels don't stand a chance! Also, the danios play in the fast current. Several dither fish (male guppies and the odd tail light fish ) have been fine. My angels prefer the slower side plus any shrimp I may add as a special treat . IMO all will be fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice