Angelfish And Freshwater Crab

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by ASHLEY R COOK, Apr 15, 2018.

1. ASHLEY R COOK

ASHLEY R COOKWell Known MemberMember

I'm still not stock because I'm cycling the tank but just throwing ideas around seeing what will work and what I like. My husband also started getting into stocking ideas and let me know what he liked last time we bought pet food at pets mart (I'm not buying my fish here unless I can't find a better LFS near me)
    He likes mollies and freshwater pom pom crabs.
    So I've been tweeking my original ideas to try to make us bought happy and into the tank.
    Question: would anglefish eat a pom pom crab?
    I know they eat small crustaceans in the wild but people also say they keep amano shrimp in with their angels.
    Also I'm gonna try to start with a tiny one idk if this makes a difference.
    I also know people have lots of opinions that vary so I try to read and research as much as I can and then ask opinions and average all that out.

2. Sebastian Perdomo

Sebastian PerdomoValued MemberMember

I had 3 ADULT cherry shrimp which were actually quite expensive, and my angelfish devoured them within a weeks time. Don't get livestock that can fit into another fish's mouth is the biggest rule to keep in mind if you don't want anything snacking on other livestock.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice