Angelfish and Dwarf Gourami best friends?

Gouramiwhisperer

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’ve had this dwarf gourami for awhile now and he has made the right of the aquarium his domain and anyone that comes near the sunken ship he would chase off. Well my boyfriend got me an angelfish so I was just going to move my DG in another tank if it didn’t work out well between the two. Well the angelfish has also made the right side of the aquarium his territory. So, I go to move the DG and the angel fish was trying to chase off the net! So I step back and watch and the angel fish is following the DG everywhere and he doesn’t even seem to mind it one bit!
IMG_0484.JPG

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's what social fish do when kept single.

Beautiful DG btw.

Gouramiwhisperer

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
DoubleDutch said:
That's what social fish do when kept single.

Beautiful DG btw.
Thank you!! So should I move the DG to my other aquarium with another DG and then get more angels or do you think I should just let them be?

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gouramiwhisperer said:
Thank you!! So should I move the DG to my other aquarium with another DG and then get more angels or do you think I should just let them be?
I wouldn't put two DG's in the same tank.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gouramiwhisperer said:
That's really cute, I love your excitement, but it may not last as they mature. It's not a call I can really make.

60 gallon? Depending on the tank dimensions and other fish tankmates, you could maybe keep 5 or 6 angels together. Best introduced together when they are young and let them grow up together.

I have never kept gouramis, are you saying you have another tank with another DG already?

Gouramiwhisperer

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
angelcraze said:
That's really cute, I love your excitement, but it may not last as they mature. It's not a call I can really make.

60 gallon? Depending on the tank dimensions and other fish tankmates, you could maybe keep 5 or 6 angels together. Best introduced together when they are young and let them grow up together.

I have never kept gouramis, are you saying you have another tank with another DG already?
I have a 20 gallon long aquarium at work and it’s got one DG but I have a 20 gallon regular tank at my grandmas that doesn’t have one that I could move him there. I really like the angel fish but I also love that dwarf gourami so I don’t wanna give him away entirely!

DoubleDutch said:
I wouldn't put two DG's in the same tank.
Okay I’ll probably just move this DG into my 20 gallon at my grandmas

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom