Angel With Ich?

Alli

New Member
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
Points
1
hello!! I recently had 4 very sickfish which I was able to somewhat cure till three died this past week due to a mistake made by me. My last remanding fish is still a little lethargic and sick but does show interest in food. I’ve provided photos of my blushing angel, and am curious if it has ich!
 

Attachments

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,410
Reaction score
4,379
Points
458
Experience
5 to 10 years
What is your setup like? How long as has it been running? I am not seeing indications of ich, which look like salt grains on the fish (fins and body, they are not orderly and appear everywhere if treatment is not started). Treatment for ich is very easy, but if the fish does not have ich, do not treat for it because it can stress the fish out.

I have read your profile and it looks like you have this angelfish in a 5 gallon tank? This is way too small for this type of fish and he is likely suffering from ammonia and nitrite poisoning.
 

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
593
Points
158
Experience
More than 10 years
That looks like salt grains on the fins in ths side photo.

Are there salt like growths, OP? That would be ich.

You don't really have an angelfish in a 5 gallon, do you?
 

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,821
Reaction score
2,753
Points
348
Experience
More than 10 years
It’s tough to see if there is any Ich. What are the state of this tank? Is it really a 5G? Parameters?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #6

Alli

New Member
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
Points
1
Mcasella said:
What is your setup like? How long as has it been running? I am not seeing indications of ich, which look like salt grains on the fish (fins and body, they are not orderly and appear everywhere if treatment is not started). Treatment for ich is very easy, but if the fish does not have ich, do not treat for it because it can stress the fish out.

I have read your profile and it looks like you have this angelfish in a 5 gallon tank? This is way too small for this type of fish and he is likely suffering from ammonia and nitrite poisoning.
Hello!! I’m currently traveling and he’s normally in a 10 gallon but due to the recent traveling and the death of my other three fish that 10 gallon is not in use. I’m just concerned about his scales but if it’s from possible poisoning then I’ll make sure to watch my water quality!!

Fashooga said:
It’s tough to see if there is any Ich. What are the state of this tank? Is it really a 5G? Parameters?
I have a 6 in one test strip and it shows slightly elevated nitrite and other things due to hard water (alkalinity etc) I know these test strips aren’t accurate so I’m working on getting an API testing kit!

maggie thecat said:
That looks like salt grains on the fins in ths side photo.

Are there salt like growths, OP? That would be ich.

You don't really have an angelfish in a 5 gallon, do you?
I do currently due to my situation but he is still a baby (only a few Months old) and I plan on moving her to my 10 gallon once I reach my final destination and deep clean my 10 gallon due to my now dead fishes illnesses.
 

CloudTheFluffy

Valued Member
Messages
164
Reaction score
48
Points
28
Experience
4 years
The smallest tank an angel can be kept permanently in is a 20g high but 29g is recommended.
I can’t see any ich from the photo, it would look like grains of salt.
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom