Angel Wigglers!

aquachris

So I've planned on finally raising some angelfish... Well, I have wigglers (okay barely wigglers, their tails are out wiggling, so I'm excited).

Tried this before, but never got to this point.. not sure why last time I did it, they all were duds, but this time, we made it further.

Just posting because I'm excited!

1613088912077.png

StarGirl

Yay! Babies are so fun!

mimo91088

Awesome congrats!

aquachris

Ohhh boy.. I had a pretty rough day at work, everything going against me.. was sure I was going to come home and find all of them dead...

But thankfully, there was so much wiggling going on, and I get to go to bed with a smile on my face!!

aquachris

So today, I pulled them out of the bucket I had them in.. I at first estimated 50-100, but it sure felt like 20 times that trying to get them all out and separated from other stuff in the bucket (still some dud eggs in there).

1613248503708.png

I have them in a hang on breeder box so the water is constantly exchanged with the tank they are on. its funny how they mostly grouped together as wigglers.

To say I'm excited is a little bit of an understatement. LOL.

aquachris

Update on the wigglers - they still are wigglin! However, they are looking more and more like little fry and are scooting around a bit more... I think were getting close to swimming soon!

BBS hatching process has commenced and is in process lol.

aquachris

I have swimmers so now the scary part is hoping they eat. Have to get some updated pics but I recently feed bbs.

Has bbs in it... so forgive me.. but you can see them here... even one went to the top!

1613521138302.png

aquachris

Just keep swimming just keep swimming....
They are still going strong and eating very well. I don't know what I'm going to do with all of them if they all survive. I really didn't expect to even make it this far let alone the quantity there is. I have no idea how many but it's got to be between 50 to 100.

aquachris

Only thing that seems to be going right in my life right now is this... So here's a little short video clip!

aquachris

So its time now for the babies today to move into their first grow out tank... They are getting so big, its crazy how fast they have grown. I'm starting to see little pattern marks develop and their bodies develop more. Nervous and excited all at once.

The tank they will go in is pretty basic 20g long.. mostly just has some cherry shrimp hanging out in it and a few snails now.. Based on the amount I have, I do have another tank I can spin up for them till they get the size to be saleable.

1614428901878.png

DerekO24

aquachris said:
Just keep swimming just keep swimming....
They are still going strong and eating very well. I don't know what I'm going to do with all of them if they all survive. I really didn't expect to even make it this far let alone the quantity there is. I have no idea how many but it's got to be between 50 to 100.
my lfs takes mine, I never ask for anything in return but when I need supplies here or there , or a fish I get it free

aquachris

DerekO24 said:
my lfs takes mine, I never ask for anything in return but when I need supplies here or there , or a fish I get it free
Yeah I plan on seeing if I can find somewhere that will do something like that or in store credit... I always *need* fish and supplies LOL.

I realized I never posted shots of the parents

1614429696602.png

aquachris

Hanging out together in the side of the tank.. kinda funny.

1614446739464.png

Kitley

wow....lucky you. Angel fry is my dream. I have five who are starting to bicker a big, so must soon be coming of age...lol

BevM

No wonder you're so excited. They are so cute. Congratulations on your success.

StarGirl

Baybays....

erinw347

Congrats! My babies are getting so big and grown up! They’ll be ready to sell soon
8F042A5B-506A-4095-9627-6519E4354128.jpeg

Your parents are gorgeous. You will definitely get some very beautiful fry out of that spawn.

aquachris

erinw347 said:
Congrats! My babies are getting so big and grown up! They’ll be ready to sell soon

Your parents are gorgeous. You will definitely get some very beautiful fry out of that spawn.
What size are you getting them to to start selling?

Also since your further in the road when did you get then off bbs or first bites or whatever you used.

erinw347

aquachris said:
What size are you getting them to to start selling?

Also since your further in the road when did you get then off bbs or first bites or whatever you used.
Not totally sure what size I’m waiting to, but they are many different sizes so I’ll just let it play out until they’ll all be a safe size for shipping.

I fed them bbs their first free swimming week, then mixed first bites with bbs after that until I moved them to their current tank, probably around 6 weeks old, I kept them on dry food. However I wouldn’t listen to me and I’d do whatever the experts say.

Betta'sAnonymous

erinw347 said:

Thats one of those itty-bitty wigglers from a few weeks ago? Splendid!

erinw347

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Thats one of those itty-bitty wigglers from a few weeks ago? Splendid!
This is one from my oldest spawn! They are around 2 and a half months old now. They are the only surviving spawn as my angel parents couldnt control their appetite :/

I’m happy to talk about my angels with you all but I will pertain to another thread to keep from hijacking this one

aquachris

So I now have my angel babies separated today. All the ones dime size or larger went to one tank, and the smaller ones are left in the tank. I have about 44 big ones. I guess about 20 undersized ones.

Amazing to look back at their growth journey.

Will the undersized ones grow out, or are they culls now?

aquachris

Well, getting that time for Angels to soon be rehomed (at least my bigger set). I have another set of 20 I'm waiting to grow out, they are so small yet

Here's the bigger ones for your viewing pleasure, if you like this please feel free to sub and like, I plan on doing more!

GuppyOverlord11

Those are so cute/cool! If they didn't get bigger, I would want one for my community tank! But my guppies just had babies a week ago yesterday, so I dont think I need more baby fish to take care of. What kind are those? Koi angels?

aquachris

tditty11 said:
Those are so cute/cool! If they didn't get bigger, I would want one for my community tank! But my guppies just had babies a week ago yesterday, so I dont think I need more baby fish to take care of. What kind are those? Koi angels?
Their parents are both koi. It's amazing all the different looks in the offspring

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom