Angel Update

OneMom

Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

Yesterday was Angel's last dose of Maracyn. She is doing great! Her finrot has disappeared and her energy (and nosiness) is back.

Of course her tank was cloudy & smelly. I did a large water change today & took out her decorations to give them a good scrubbing. I'm happy to report that Spongebob's hair is back to being yellow. I won't be surprised if I have to fight algae for a while now. There was quite a bit in the tank. I don't want to keep the tank in the dark to kill it unless I'm desperate. I'm hoping that the water change & scrubbing will help. Any other suggestions?

I just want to say thank you to all of you who took the time to answer my depressed posts. All of your encouragement & advice really helped. I'm so grateful that I have this forum to turn to. Between cycling a new tank & fish illness, I know that Angel wouldn't still be with us if it weren't for all of the help I've received here. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

W.

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am so glad that Angel is all better now. We really could use some good news. Natalie

LZ Floyd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Good to see that Angel is on the mend.  As Natalie said, it's good to have some good news here today. 

Mike

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Pick up one of those scrubber pads for algea at the fish store. They are cheap and made for acrylic or glass. Some come with a handle so you don't even need to put your hands in the water. Just scrub the algea off the inside of the tank glass with that when it gets bad. Rinse and scrub ornaments as needed. Make sure it's made for fish tanks. Don't use pads made for washing dishes as they may have dyes and chemicals in them, even when new.
Glad Angel is doing better!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am so glad to hear about Angel! We need all the good news we can get now...this has been a rough couple of weeks for this board. We will all wildly celebrate the return to health of your little Angel. I told the boys (Alex and Blaze and JT) and they are thrilled.

Rose

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It is so good to hear that Angel is getting better.

CherryRose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom