Angel plus filter

lucky123

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am looking into buying one of those Angel plus active filters! My tank doesn’t want to cycle and I’m running out of options lol. If I buy one of these, what else do I need to purchase to get it running? Air pump, air stone, check valve? If so, what brands will work together on this sponge filter? Sorry I’ve never had a sponge filter. Thanks!

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had to google it because I had never heard of these before. It looks like its just an established sponge filter. You'd set it up like any other sponge filter so you need an airpump and airline tubing minimum. Check valves are great so water can't go back into your pump if you have a power outage. So very basic, you attach the airline tubing to the pump (add the check valve if you're using one), then attach the other end of the tubing to the filter, there should be a place to attach it. Then turn it on. Make sure your pump is rated for your size tank so it can push the air deep enough into the water.

OP
lucky123

lucky123

Reaction score
e_watson09 said:
I had to google it because I had never heard of these before. It looks like its just an established sponge filter. You'd set it up like any other sponge filter so you need an airpump and airline tubing minimum. Check valves are great so water can't go back into your pump if you have a power outage. So very basic, you attach the airline tubing to the pump (add the check valve if you're using one), then attach the other end of the tubing to the filter, there should be a place to attach it. Then turn it on. Make sure your pump is rated for your size tank so it can push the air deep enough into the water.
Ok thank you

New Threads