Angel Not Using One Gill

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Bignail, Apr 13, 2018.

1. BignailNew MemberMember

i need help knowing what to do with my angel. I have been worried about her because she was getting picked on by her tank mate that she use to get along with. I rehomed that fish. Now she is breathing funny. It really looks like only one Gill is working. How should I treat her? What meds?

Attached Files:

2. Pictusboss

PictusbossValued MemberMember

A fishes gills are not seperate, they just have seperate flaps. I would think that due to this it should be a parisite, as a disease would target the whole gill system and you would see it on both sides. is it bothering her? is she swimming funny or not eating? what is the temperature in your tank? angels like it around 82. wrong temperature water can cause gill problems too. treat with aquarium salt and stress coat, maybe API general cure until you find out what it really is.

3. OP
    OP
    B

BignailNew MemberMember

I didn’t know how else to explain it. She is in the back corner of the tank, maybe slightly tilted. She comes to the front when she sees me. She was getting picked on so much the past couple days I figure she has just been really stressed and it would take a little bit to feel safe again. I will treat with these. I had put stress coat in after taking out the other angel. I’ll do a partial water change and treat again. We just finished a round of prazipro. Potentially I need to repeat that again. I did several doses.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice