Angel Fish

betsy_n_loves_JRC

Reaction score

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The compatibility chart I use says yes, but it seems I have also read a bit about gouromis occasionally being aggresive/territorial. That would concern me a bit as to whether or not the angels would be turning up with pieces of fin missing. Let's see what some of the others have to say, but my opinion is that you are probably ok so long as you watch them for awhile to be sure they are tolerating each other.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It depends on the type of Gourami, some are more agressive, some are pretty peaceful (Dwarfs). Angels can be agressive and territorial so I personally wouldn't do it, but other people might disagree

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think this is one of those 'outta work' things that probably will work but could end in removing fish to save them so a backup plan would be good. That being said.. Angels are cichlids, but probably the most peaceful of the cichlids from what I understand and if they're put in with fairly peaceful Gourami (the Dwarfs that Genie mentioned are probably the best gourami to try), your chances will improve big time to have a happy tank with beautiful fish that you can enjoy. Also, having a fair amount of hiding spots like rocks, plants, caves, etc. might help them in learning to co-exist with each other.

gmann21193

Valued Member
Reaction score
my golden gourami killed my angel in less then 3 weeks after i introduced the angel. if you mix them, provide hiding places.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I never had any Gouramis so I don't know their temperaments. But I have Angels. And Angels CAN be aggressive towards other fish, especially during breeding times. When an Angelfish pair is breeding ... it's best to stay away from them!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It sounds like a harder thing to accomplish than their data sheets would indicate. Sounds risky even with lots of hiding places.

gmann21193

Valued Member
Reaction score
it is risky

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom