angel fish

1. cocoboy821 Initiate Member

i'm gettin a 55 gallon tank and was wondering what filters and lighting yall would recomend
    i would like to have angel fish, but i've heard there are other fish that will tear up their tails. are there any salt water fish that wont do that?
    thank yall

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Are you setting up a freshwater tank or a salt water tank ?
    Carol

3. cocoboy821 Initiate Member

sorry, hopefully it's going to be saltwater

4. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Ahhhhh, don't know much about saltwater sorry. but like any fish I think you need to know what kind of angel you want and then research it's needs.
    carol

5. cocoboy821 Initiate Member

ok thank you. think i've changed my mind on angel fish..not really sure since i've always wanted one. i've seen the fish that can be tank mates with them, so i might get those first then angels :)

6. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I did a little research and even the Dwarf Angels can get rather large so that maybe all you can put in the 55 Gal. Check it out before you buy tankmates so you still have room for the star attraction(the angel)
    Carol

7. Jon Well Known Member Member

if you want angels there are good angels that can go in a tank that size...

Coral beauties and Flame angelfish are both fairly popular and can live in tanks smaler than 55G... my brother had a flame angel as a kid. dont go for any of the larger ones like Emperors, French Angels, or Korans... they get too big