Question Angel fish

Wanda Stevens

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My Angel fish has a brown growth on it. Looks like a fungus. Got stuff from dealer. They didn't survive. This is now 4 i have lost. No other fish are affected. 135 gallon tank. Water ph is all fine what could be wrong

MrBryan723

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your opinion of fine and the angle fish opinion of fine might be different. I'm assuming by fine you mean a ph near 5.5, soft, and around 80, with nitrates not going above 25?
If it's only affecting the angels it could be poor genetics and a tumor and not a fungus. Hard to tell. If you have a puffer or other aggressive fish with them, they could be attacking them as well. Even things like tiger barbs, which are notorious fin nippers could be injuring them causing secondary issues. They aren't saltwater fish either, so if you have them in a saltwater tank, that would definitely be the issue. Again hard to tell.

OP
W

Wanda Stevens

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
20200224_131011_HDR.jpg
20200224_131011_HDR.jpg

MrBryan723 said:
Your opinion of fine and the angle fish opinion of fine might be different. I'm assuming by fine you mean a ph near 5.5, soft, and around 80, with nitrates not going above 25?
If it's only affecting the angels it could be poor genetics and a tumor and not a fungus. Hard to tell. If you have a puffer or other aggressive fish with them, they could be attacking them as well. Even things like tiger barbs, which are notorious fin nippers could be injuring them causing secondary issues. They aren't saltwater fish either, so if you have them in a saltwater tank, that would definitely be the issue. Again hard to tell.

New Threads