Angel Fish

1. Millard Initiate Member

I have a 110 gal tank that has been set up now for about 3 months. In the past I had a 10 gallon tank with only one gold fish in it and I had him for about 4 years. He died. Now I feel like a Newbie with this large tank. I have 6 tiger barbs 2 albino barbs 2 silver dollars 2 bala sharks 1 gold gurami 1 blue gurami and 1 pleco. I want to get a couple of angelfish and want to know if they would be good tank mates?

2. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Hey Millard,

I would think that adding a few angelfish to your tank would be ok. The only ones I'd worry about would be the golden goruami or the tiger barbs. I've heard many reports of the golden gourami becoming aggressive towards their tank mates. The tiger barbs have been known to nip a few fins, but with 6 you may not see that behavior in them.

Also, make sure that you've completed the cycling process before adding any more fish because Angelfish can be especially sensitive to ammonia and nitrite and may not make it if the cycle hasn't completed. Good luck with the new tank.

3. Millard Initiate Member

Thanks for your reply. I am pretty sure that my tank has completly cycled. As far as the Gold Goruami being aggressive. She is the only fish in the tank that gets picked on and it comes from the Blue Goruami.