Angel fish???

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Alex126, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Alex126Valued MemberMember

Hello all. I have a 29gallon. In it there is a dwarf gourami. 3 neon tetras. One Molly. And a 3 inch royal pleco. How many full grown angel fish can I fit? Tanks!

2. FiscCyning

FiscCyningValued MemberMember

I wouldn't recommend more than one angel in a 29 gallon, and with your stocking I actually would be hesitant to add one at all. Gourami are territorial and so are angels so that could cause some conflict. The neons are likely to become a meal once the angel gets big enough, and the Pleco will get bigger and has a large bioload. Instead of adding angels, I would recommend adding some more neons since they like being on schools of six or more.

3. junebug

junebugFishlore LegendMember

With your current stock, I would not add an angel at all. A 29 gallon is the bare minimum for one, but with that bioload, you'd have trouble with even that. Not to mention the mollies have vastly different water requirements than the angelfish and the neons.

I would suggest simply finishing out the neon school, since you already have them, and leaving the tank at that.

4. OP
    OP
    A

Alex126Valued MemberMember

Thank you for your feed back! I have my neons to a friend. Now I have the gourami. The molly and the pleco. I plan on selling the pleco when he gets about 6in. Do ou have any other suggestions on schooling fish?? Possibly a German blue ram?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. junebug

junebugFishlore LegendMember

You really need to take a hard look at your current stock in comparison to the stock you're thinking of getting, in terms of water requirements. Mollies like somewhat hard, where with cooler temps, whereas rams require soft, acidic water in the high 70s to low 80s.

It's really important to research the fish you have and the fish you want to make sure everyone can live well together in your tank.

6. OP
    OP
    A

Alex126Valued MemberMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice