Angel Fish & YoYo Loach?

vict0r

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Would these guys make good tank mates? I thought I heard someone around here say loaches are pretty laid back, and today I saw some YoYo Loaches at my local store but they are pretty small still how big will they get?...will my angel fish eat him if hes too small? or will he just leave him alone? does it depend on fish to fish? sorry for all the questions but I wouldnt wanna do anything to threaten any of my lil buddys ways of life! TIA (thanks in advance)
vict0r

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HI Victor, I'm pretty sure that Angels and Loaches will do fine together as long as the tank is of adequate size

vict0r

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
thanks for the swift reply, The tank ive been told is kinda small for an angel (20 gallon) so I really don't wanna overstock her and make her feel like shes not wanted because she is the OG around here lol but yeah About how big do the yoyo's get? and do they do better by them self's or with a small pack?

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm no expert on Loaches, but I know Clowns get huge, and the Botias reach maybe 5 inches? I'm pretty sure they prefer being in groups of 3 or more. Butterfly knows heaps about Loaches, hopefully she'll see this thread

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nick Goody said:
Butterfly knows heaps about Loaches, hopefully she'll see this thread
x

Loaches are really cool fish and yes I have a soft spot for them Since Yoyos(Botia almorhae) get about six inches, like to be in a group of three or more your tank just isn't big enough.

There are some really cool small Loaches calles Dwarf Chain Loaches ( Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki) . They get about 2.5 inches. They also need to be in groups of three or more. Three would be just right for your tank
Here's a little more information about them https://www.loaches.com/species-index/yasuhikotakia-sidthimunki
Carol

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
clown loaches can get big around 12 inches yo yos get to around 4.5 inches and are a better choice for smaller tank, they are very boisterous however, and may pester their tank mates in a 20 gallon but they are not aggressive

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I do agree that 20 gallon is too small for 3 yo yos and it needs to be a tall tank for angel fish, some even suggest 29 to 30 gallon for a pair of angels

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads