Angel Fish Won't Eat

kayla.s

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
For the last week now my one Angel fish has gone from being a complete pig to not even touching her food. I have tried multiple foods now (that she's eaten for nearly a year) including bloodworms and she just let's the food fall around her and then swims off to the back of the tank where she's been spending much more time lately... about 3 weeks ago I added a school of emperor tetras and they're the latest addition. Everything else in the tank has been normal and I did a large water change last night hoping it would help,but still not eating. Everything else about her seems normal and she doesn't look like she's lost any weight but she's definitely not eating I'm going to try garlic tomorrow and if that doesn't help then I'm at a real loss...
Anyone else's angel ever started this behaviour before? How did you solve the problem?

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Are the emperors stressing the angel out by chance? I only ask because of the timing.

OP
kayla.s

kayla.s

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
bizaliz3 said:
Are the emperors stressing the angel out by chance? I only ask because of the timing.
I don't think so... they don't seem to pay her much attention. They're too busy following one another around and it's a 75 gallon tanks so they do have space to get away from one another

PhoShow

Reaction score
kayla.s said:
I don't think so... they don't seem to pay her much attention. They're too busy following one another around and it's a 75 gallon tanks so they do have space to get away from one another
Do you have only one angelfish? What other tank mates are there?

PhoShow

Reaction score
kayla.s said:
No there is another female too. I also have 3 apisto cacatuoides, corys and a rainbow shark
One of the youtubers I watch, his angelfish wasn't eating because she layed eggs. There wasn't any males in the tank so the eggs were not fertile. Maybe this is the reason? If not maybe she's stressed because of parameters or another tankmate is bullying

New Threads