Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Angel Fish Won't Eat

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by kayla.s, Nov 2, 2018.

1. kayla.sWell Known MemberMember

For the last week now my one Angel fish has gone from being a complete pig to not even touching her food. I have tried multiple foods now (that she's eaten for nearly a year) including bloodworms and she just let's the food fall around her and then swims off to the back of the tank where she's been spending much more time lately... about 3 weeks ago I added a school of emperor tetras and they're the latest addition. Everything else in the tank has been normal and I did a large water change last night hoping it would help,but still not eating. Everything else about her seems normal and she doesn't look like she's lost any weight but she's definitely not eating :( I'm going to try garlic tomorrow and if that doesn't help then I'm at a real loss...
    Anyone else's angel ever started this behaviour before? How did you solve the problem?

2. bizaliz3Fishlore LegendMember

Are the emperors stressing the angel out by chance? I only ask because of the timing.

3. kayla.sWell Known MemberMember

I don't think so... they don't seem to pay her much attention. They're too busy following one another around and it's a 75g tanks so they do have space to get away from one another

4. PhoShowValued MemberMember

Do you have only one angelfish? What other tankmates are there?

5. kayla.sWell Known MemberMember

No there is another female too. I also have 3 apisto cacatuoides, corys and a rainbow shark

6. PhoShowValued MemberMember

One of the youtubers I watch, his angelfish wasnt eating because she layed eggs. There wasnt any males in the tank so the eggs were not fertile. Maybe this is the reason? If not maybe she's stressed because of parameters or another tankmate is bullying