1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

Angel Fish Wigglers

1. TheLoveForAngels

TheLoveForAngels New Member Member

Lord y'all I have angel fish wigglers and I don't even know what to do this is the 3rd time they laid eggs but this time they took care of them and now I got some wigglers I need some help y'all I got other fish in the tank I would hate to take the wigglers out cuz mommy and daddy are taking very good care of them

2. E

E150GT Valued Member Member

Taking them out is probably the only way they will make it. It’s a tough world out there for a fish.

Advertisement

3. bizaliz3

bizaliz3 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!! :)

Do you even have anything to feed the fry? That is kind of important for their survival. The only thing my fry will eat at the beginning is live freshly hatched baby brine shrimp.

Once they start free swimming their chances of survival in a community tank aren't very good. And again, without the right food, they might not make it anyway.

Also angelfish need decent sized grow out tanks and LOTS of water changes to develop properly. What size is the community tank? Do you have another tank you could set up?

If you plan to leave them in the community tank and just cross your fingers, then at least cover the filter intake so they don't get sucked up when they start free swimming. :)

If you are serious about trying to raise angelfish babies, you will have the opportunity every couple weeks. So you might want to prepare yourself for a future spawn rather than this spawn. By learning how to hatch baby brine shrimp (very easy) and getting a 2nd tank for the babies.

4. OP
    OP
    TheLoveForAngels

I do what to feed them and I have a 55 gallon tank so u don't thi k they will make it with the other fish

5. bizaliz3

bizaliz3 Fishlore Legend Member

It depends. What other fish do you have in there? How often are you doing water changes? What are the parameters?

A 55 is really large for newborns. They may have trouble finding food in a large tank. I like to start them in smaller tanks.

Hatching baby brine shrimp is the best way to feed them. They need to see the food moving to be enticed to eat it. I have never had luck with crushed flakes or powdered fry food.

6. OP
    OP
    TheLoveForAngels

Thank you :shame: I really want to keep my babys

7. OP
    OP
    TheLoveForAngels

I have 2 catfishs 3 sharks and 1 dragon fish the catfish never come out and my dragon fish come out for a min here and there maybe 3 or 4 times a day two of the sharks are still babys and my other one is kinda big