Angel Fish Strange Things By Eye.

Fishout

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
noticed these things coming out of the skin by the eye. what are they and what to treat with if they are bad.
c21a6ab252eb84790b864a9fd960b17d.jpg
63c53b2660a8aaec33158c90a0a33956.jpg
2d237d29b9fd37e041dde8f1de3709dc.jpg
066375f7d5703342a265c029d471ce0f.jpg

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Geez...this is going to sound bad, but this is the third time I’ve seen similar posts. And answered them. Bad week for some people here.

Your fish is in an early stage of hole in the head disease (HITH). The white stuff that is coming out are cysts that is pushing out, thus causing the hole in the head. Also you can see the nerves forming a line on the body.

How does this happen? Typically poor water conditions and/or poor diet that doesn’t provide enough vitamins.

So how do you go about treating this? You can buy metronidazole or API General Cure.

OP
Fishout

Fishout

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks for the help, did a major cleaning (sand vacuum)and 60% + water change yesterday and started the metro treatment on the 100 Gallon they are in. I have Metronidazole for 2 days and ordered another 100 Grams of it today. I noticed 1 other angelfish may have the same symptoms. none of the plecos, African cichlids or puffer has anything. Everyone in the tank is eating vigorously and all have normal waste.
The aquarium gets weekly 40% water change and 2 times a month pre-filter foam cleaning ahead of the wet dry sump. Maybe need to look at changing up the food.

I have been feeding a mix of flake from Brine shrimp direct to help support our local economy.
40% Spirulina & Kelp flake and 60% Mysis with SELCO the first is the ingredents from the spurlina/kelp mix.

INGREDIENTS: Yeast proteins, soy, wheat gluten, egg, kelp, spirulina, Paracoccus(as a source of astaxanthin), chlorella, chlorophyll, lecithin, binder, ascorbic acid (C), choline, niacin, riboflavin (B2), D-antothenic, thiamine (B1), pyridoxine (B6), folic acid, menadione (K3), biotin, vitamin B12, vitamin B12, vitamin A, vitamin D3, vitamin E and vitamin A.
PROXIMATE ANALYSIS: Protein, 37%; Fat, 12%; Ash, 5 %. Contains no ethoxyquin* or artificial colors.

COOL MYSIS Enriched with SELCO
Ingredients: Mysis shrimp (wet. wt.), marine protein, torula yeast, brewers yeast, soy protein, egg, wheat gluten, casein, krill, spirulina, garlic, lecithin, SELCO DHA oil, paracoccus (source of astaxanthin), vitamin and mineral premix, choline, vitamin C, carophyll (source of astaxanthin).
Analysis (Wasatch Laboratories, LLC): Protein, 49.3%; Lipid,12.36%; Ash, 4.54%; Fiber, 1.69%; Moisture, 11.3%; Astaxanthin, 600 ppm*; stabilized Vitamin C, 1,000 ppm* [Wasatch Laboratories, May 2018].

New Threads