Angel fish sore/ hole

Aplus

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am looking for some advice regarding my Angel fish. About 3 weeks ago I noticed what looked like a open wound on the underside of his body, thought it may have been a bite mark from another fish, I removed the carbon from my filters and started treating the water with API melafix for 7 days, unfortunately the wound seemed to get larger so I switched to API pimafix again for over a week . Still no improvement.

Attachments

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Judging from the location, my guess is either damage caused by a prolapsed anus or vent, that led to infection.
Really nothing to do but try to keep the infection in check. The Melafix is said to work as a disinfectant, so good idea to continue using it.

OP
Aplus

Aplus

Reaction score
A201 said:
Judging from the location, my guess is either damage caused by a prolapsed anus or vent, that led to infection.
Really nothing to do but try to keep the infection in check. The Melafix is said to work as a disinfectant, so good idea to continue using it.

OP
Aplus

Aplus

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I will keep treating with the
A201 said:
Thanks for your help I will continue with the Melafix and hopefully he will get better. Cheers

New Threads