Angel Fish Question

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by WolfPack21, Apr 13, 2010.

1. WolfPack21Valued MemberMember

Hi Everyone, I made a new setup in my 29 gallon (planted now). The only fish in my tank are cory cats and 1 new baby angel. Over night it seems like half of his tail went missing. A good chunk was taken out and I think it may of been a result of a filter run in, so I turned the filters power down. Will the fishes tail grow back or do I need to pick up something for him? He does not have fin rot and is in great shape, any suggestions?

2. Jake the FishValued MemberMember

The tail will grow back. He probably just got it caught in the filter.

3. btate617Well Known MemberMember

It will grow back.

Make sure you keep your water clean or there is the possibility for infection then it will be tougher on you to heal.

Brian

4. WolfPack21Valued MemberMember

No Problem, they get weekly water changes and are living the good life. :)

5. Prince PowderWell Known MemberMember

You can add some VitaChem to the tank, it is great in helping with fin regrowth. It might also be wise to put a sponge over the filter intake tube to avoid your fish getting stuck. I have Aqua Clear sponges over mine and I've never had problems with my betta's fins. It also makes good bio media and will allow you to run your filter full strength.

6. crystalizedNew MemberMember

hope the fish grows it back quick!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice