Angel Fish Pairing?? or Fighting???

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have 2 angel fish who are pecking at each other and have now started to lock lips for 5-10sec at a time. Is this the pairing behavior or are they fighting??? if paring how long does it last before they are nice to each other??

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry I missed this post so long This is breeding behaviour. They are kind of saying are you man/woman enough to be a parent to my fry They will also start cleaning plant leaves to lay eggs on and by now you probably have eggs skippi.
How are things going?
Carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
No eggs yet I have been watching them for evidence of the breeding tubes and have never seen them. They are current still living in my 55 gal with all my other fish. Should I remove them to my 20gal?? If so what do they need in there, it is all cycled with a airstone and gravel, filter, No plants. I really want to breed angels so I hope you all can help me. I have had really good luck with my guppies and platy, so I now feel am ready for the angels. I can't wait I love them all sooo much.. Can you please help me??

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can move them to the 20G, give them some broad leaf plants(swords are good) or flat rocks. The filter intake needs a sponge put over it so as not to suck the fry in. feed them a good feeding of frozen blood worms, do a significant water change and that should give them the idea. After they spawn you can move them(teh adults) back to the original tank or leave them in the 20G for a couple of days. If you leave them you take the chance the eggs or fry will be eaten but there is absolutely nothing like watching angels with their fry. I have done it successfully both ways.
carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will try that in the morning. Will let you know how it goes

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom