Help Angel fish laying eggs?!?!

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
my angel fish i got today are laying and fertilizing eggs as i type on the filter intake tube. i have no idea what to do with them or when to do it. what do i do with them? Should i turn the filter off(there is another filter)?How should i move them if i am supposed to move them? the parents are at least 3 inches in diameter each.

catsma_97504

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Wow! I've never seen angels lay eggs the same day that are purchased or moved into a new environment.

If the angels are in a community tank, then the eggs will most likely be eaten. If not, then you'll need to get a sponge filter, keep the water extra clean and let nature take its course. Then again, you could remove the filter intake tube to move it by getting a cup or something that could hold water and the end of the tube with the eggs; and place it in its own tank with a air tube, add an anti-fungal agent, pick off eggs that turn white (an eye dropper usually works) and run a sponge filter.

Good luck!

Alasse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My angels always spawn when moved to a new tank, triggers them off lol. Mind you they are now in spawn every 7-9 days

Congrats on the new angels.

With the batch you have you can move them to another tank, or leave them and see if the parents will raise them, though chances are not good because of the other fish in the tank. Though rest assured they will spawn again, and you can be better prepared for the next batch

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I took out all of the other fish but the angels from the tank and i covered filter intakes

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
the babies hatched last night,i went to sleep,and the parents ate them..

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had that problem several times, until I started using a night lite so they could keep track of everything. It doesn't have to be bright, just softly light the tank.

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
the tank lights has stayed on since the night they layed them. how long untio she lays again?

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
good news! they just moved the babies to the heater!are the eggs alright on the heater?

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
will do carol. i went and got a new turkey baster and a magnifying glass today to be a little more prepared. will be going to the LPS to get some brine shrimp in case they don't eat BBS (frozen) tomorrow maybe.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They won't need to be fed until their egg sac is absorbed. This will be about a day after going freeswimming
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom