Angel fish in community tank

1. Diego Member Member

2. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, they will eat smaller fish like Neons. But since you have Tiger Barbs which are not good tank mates for Angels as they are potential fin nippers.

3. Diego Member Member

Ok thank you. Do you know of any big fish i can get instead? Besides gouramis? I want to get a bolivian ram but those dont really get big.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. JeffK Well Known Member Member

Looking at your current stock, it appears your only bottom dweller may be the rainbow shark. Maybe someone could suggest an appropriate bottom dweller that gets 5-6 inches and would be compatible with your current stock? (Sorry, I don't know much about any bottom dwellers other than cories, but I'm sure there are many out there who could help!)

5. Diego Member Member

I might do a small school of kuhli loaches

6. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Neons are not temp combatable with angels so look for fish that like temps 78 to 8o. A Bn pleco would work for the bottom. Your rainbow shark will get relatively large. You might want to up the schooling fish to at least 6 of the same species, however I would not keep tiger barbs with angel fish .The neons will eventually get eaten when the angel gets bigger. Alison

7. Jaredmaz Member Member

The only problem I'm having with my kuhli loaches is they like to hide.. they only come out when they are eating.. I don't know if they are compatible with that rainbow shark roaming around but I put a school of cory in my children's 29 gallon and they are really fun to watch.. and I agree with Alison the BN pleco has become my favorite fish they are fun to feed and watch!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

8. Diego Member Member

Dont bn plecos get big?

9. superbutterfly12 Well Known Member Member

4-6 inches, not 18 like common plecos

10. MuskieCatcher Member Member

Also a dojo loach might work well, despite being a cooler water fish, theyre very adaptable to the temp range, being fine in temps up to 82F, and reach up to 6 inches. If youre interested in kuhlis, this might be a nice alternative! My loach doesnt really hide much, but likes to burrow around in hairgrass and enjoys a beer bottle that he uses as a cave, right now he is about 4 inches

11. Diego Member Member

Awseome. I am really stuck beteween kuhli loaches, bn pleco, corys, or ottos.

12. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Dojo loaches should be in a group. I vote BN pleco just because they are my favorite fish then kuhli loaches or cory cats but if you go for the cory than make sure you get at least 6 of the same species of warm water cory. To go with the angel fish. Alison

13. Diego Member Member

Angelfish are out of the picture, but i ill decide what im getting once i see them in person because seeing them online is one thing but in person is another.