Angel Fish Fin Rot

Petaholic7

Reaction score
i have a 36g bow front tank for 10 years. I had 2 upsidedown asian catfish 2 angelfish. A freind gave me 3 more angelfish and a gouramie. All of the angelfish seemed to come down with a case of finrot i treated with api fin & body. Alomg with 25% water changes. It seemed to be under control then fins started rotting again. All water levels are within range. ( i use api master test kit). Although ph is normal i know the angels like it low. 2 of the angels have died 2 are on their way out and the last is showing signs of rot. I started with melafix. Will do water change tomorrow. Is there anything else i can do and why is it not effecting the other breeds of fish in the tank?

varmint

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi and welcome,
In most cases, the best way to treat finrot is with multiple water changes. With that many angels in the same tank, there could have been some nipping going on. Melafix can help if the finrot is very mild or in the initial stages.

Petaholic7

Reaction score
Great thanks, i kinda figured... but why not are the other fish not affected? Are the angels just more susceptible to it?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom