Angel Fish Fighting

Khaleah

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So these to "fight" almost all the time. I have lots of fake plants in there but they still charge and nip each other. It's a 38 bow front

Ammonia 0
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 20/30

They are both 1/2 dollar size got them both at nickel size. They have always been like this since day 1. There was a 3 but I took that one out 6 weeks ago. Who wasn't growing.

Help any ideas welcome
20180506_080334.jpg

Rainy day

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Angelfish are aggressive territorial fish. This is common, if they still haven't calmed down after all this time your only solution is to add more decor to break up lines or sight or rehome one. Angelfish are pretty tough fish though, some aggression here and there won't hurt them.

Khaleah

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ok. I don't want to rehome. Hopefully the calm down a bit more. I will try more plants

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If they have reached two inches they are at sexual maturity, if you have two that do not want to be around each other (or even two females) they sometimes will go to great lengths to take the other angel out.
You may not want to rehome however would you rather have one of your fish suddenly die from being attacked by the other?

Khaleah

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well very true. I'm not sure if the are 2 inches yet. I'm going to try making a little plant break in the middle and see if that helps.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom