Angel fish eggs

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
I'm crossing my fingers for ya! I hope that at the VERY LEAST you have a sole survivor to raise and enjoy!

Where are my pictures!!!!!!!? lol

edit...and you are not being harsh! Your guys have to be like at least 4-5 weeks old now! They need to grow up and learn how to eat grown up food!
Oh trust me I've tried to get pictures!!! I'll try again tomorrow, the little things are far too fast for me at the moment! Maybe I'll get a video

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Good luck!

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Mom2some said:
Thank you! I just tried feeding very finely ground flake and zero interest. Will just have to keep trying and go down to the fish shop see what they can offer me

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Little tip for anyone using or who will use microworms, keep them in a dark room. No idea why, but they scale the sides significantly more and are much easier to harvest

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

tfreema

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I ran across this thread looking for info on breeding angelfish and raising fry. I feel like I was just caught caught up in a drama miniseries, lol. I have really enjoyed reading about your experiences and learned so much. Thanks for sharing and taking the rest of us along for the adventure!

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
Ya he started with bbs. He has done both the BBS and the microworms.
That's right. I started, and to be honest struggled with hatching BBS. I never tried frozen as thought the idea was that they liked live food. I'll actually have to look into this now that they're a little bigger as imagine they'd take to it better.
bizaliz3 I still have all 8 angels alive but their growth rate in comparison to yours is tiny! I'll try and get some pics tonight so you can see what I mean . They're still in an 18 gal at the moment which I imagine is sufficient for quite a bit more growing given their current size. Still adding crushed flakes each time I throw worms in to try and get them eating

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
bizaliz3 I still have all 8 angels alive but their growth rate in comparison to yours is tiny! I'll try and get some pics tonight so you can see what I mean . They're still in an 18 gal at the moment which I imagine is sufficient for quite a bit more growing given their current size. Still adding crushed flakes each time I throw worms in to try and get them eating
I am looking forward to pics. I am glad you have a nice solid group of 8! That is a perfect number for you, right?!

Have you seen any of them eat flakes? Or are the all still refusing them? Regarding the frozen bbs, mine never ate that either. There is something about the movement of those live bbs that entice them to eat.

And I agree that your 18 gallon is totally sufficient for them right now :) I am sure that mine being in a 46 gallon is making them grow a bit faster. And they are eating better as well. So it's not a surprise that yours are growing slower. But from the pics I have seen so far, the ones you have are thriving and beautiful!

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
How are things MarkN1990 ?

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 just thinking about you! How are things going? Haven't heard from you in over 2 weeks! :)

Five 97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, how are you and the little fellows doing?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom