Angel fish eggs

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Do you have any flake food you can just crumble up for them?
Yeh I just tried that. They certainly perked up and could tell there was food in there but a vast a majority of it is just on the bottom of the tank!

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeh I just tried that. They certainly perked up and could tell there was food in there but a vast a majority of it is just on the bottom of the tank!
Keep trying. Put a small amount of crushed flakes in there with the live food each time. That should help them wean off the live food a bit. Yours are a little younger than mine and mine just started eating something other than BBS this weekend. And probably because their older sibling, Charming, is living with them and they all followed his lead! LOL

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The white one with the black face in your second photo is Adorable! So good to hear an update!

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The white one with the black face in your second photo is Adorable! So good to hear an update!
I know, he's the runt of the pack too! He's going to be a little cutie for sure

Can't believe a load of my new eggs are still alive in the community tank! They've never lasted one night let alone a whole bunch lasting 3 nights. Can't wait to see how the parents do once they start swimming

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Lost my biggest Angel fry yesterday, no idea why. How often are you doing water changes now bizaliz3 ?

Bummer!!! I'm sorry to hear that! How many do you think you have now?

Mine are currently in a 20 gallon with a lot of filtration (I have sponges on the intakes just to be safe). But I still do small water changes every 2-3 days.....and I FINALLY took down the bbs hatchery! I am so tired of that thing!

I plan to move them to the 46 gallon this weekend!! I can't wait to see them "stretch their legs" !!

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Bummer!!! I'm sorry to hear that! How many do you think you have now?

Mine are currently in a 20 gallon with a lot of filtration (I have sponges on the intakes just to be safe). But I still do small water changes every 2-3 days.....and I FINALLY took down the bbs hatchery! I am so tired of that thing!

I plan to move them to the 46 gallon this weekend!! I can't wait to see them "stretch their legs" !!
I have 8-9 remaining so still more than enough

I'm only running a sponge filter at the moment.. May put my fluval filter in tonight to increase filtration! I hadn't done a water change in 4-5 days due to work which will likely be why!

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have 8-9 remaining so still more than enough

I'm only running a sponge filter at the moment.. May put my fluval filter in tonight to increase filtration! I hadn't done a water change in 4-5 days due to work which will likely be why!
ya...another 4-5 days without a water change after they had 7-8 days without a water change during your vacation likely caused this one to die. BUT....you still have a great number, that's true! I would stick with daily water changes though until you get a little more filtration in there. :)

Any new pics for me?! :)

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
ya...another 4-5 days without a water change after they had 7-8 days without a water change during your vacation likely caused this one to die. BUT....you still have a great number, that's true! I would stick with daily water changes though until you get a little more filtration in there. :)

Any new pics for me?! :)
Not yet! Give me a few days and il get some for you

@ microworm cultures FYI. Always good to have more than one going

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1463768716.733898.jpg

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Do you just scrape them off the sides with a spoon?
Personally I use my finger, but you can use anything really! Spoon, knife, toothbrush etc. There are usually works climbing the sides I had just fed all three cultures

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey MarkN1990

How are things? I'm still waiting for new pics :)

I moved my babies and my blue babies from angelmania to the big 46 gallon over the weekend. They are looking gorgeous in there!!!

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey MarkN1990

How are things? I'm still waiting for new pics :)

I moved my babies and my blue babies from angelmania to the big 46 gallon over the weekend. They are looking gorgeous in there!!!
I've just seen the videos they're adorable! And also significantly bigger then mine. I'll try and get some photos today

I still have 8 or so left alive and have been doing water changes every couple of days to get hem over the post holiday stress. They're just adorable little things so happy I put in the effort of getting them to this stage!! Still trying to get them on to flake food as will make life so much easier

How about feeding liquid fry food at this stage? Reckon I'll have any luck with that?

On a side note my filter in my main community tank packed in yesterday! Luckily once I took it apart and gave everything a good clean and spin it started working again

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've just seen the videos they're adorable! And also significantly bigger then mine. I'll try and get some photos today

I still have 8 or so left alive and have been doing water changes every couple of days to get hem over the post holiday stress. They're just adorable little things so happy I put in the effort of getting them to this stage!! Still trying to get them on to flake food as will make life so much easier

How about feeding liquid fry food at this stage? Reckon I'll have any luck with that?

On a side note my filter in my main community tank packed in yesterday! Luckily once I took it apart and gave everything a good clean and spin it started working again
I haven't tried liquid fry food. But I would think as far along as they are, you should be past the need for liquid food. But I don't know!

Have you tried putting crushed flakes in there with the live food?

I have been having a lot of luck with the food I got from angelmania. It is more like little granules rather than flakes. But since I hope to bring a majority of them to the fish store in the next couple weeks, I have to get them onto flake food. I don't want to hand them over if they are still picky eaters that will only eat a special kind of food! So I have been adding some slightly crushed flakes in with every feeding. It seems to be helping. Some of them still spit out the flakes, but some are eating them. And Charming will eat ANYTHING. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing some new pics :) And I am glad you got your filter working. That is always scary! :)

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well I came home today and everything seems to have gone wrong, no idea why! Found one dead fry, and all my microworm cultures (3 of them) seem to have stopped producing!! This means I have literally no food for my poor fish.

I have two types of food that I can crush and feed, so I'll give these a go and see if they take a liking to either. I pray that they do as it's the only option right now

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1464193634.612493.jpg

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well I came home today and everything seems to have gone wrong, no idea why! Found one dead fry, and all my microworm cultures (3 of them) seem to have stopped producing!! This means I have literally no food for my poor fish.

I have two types of food that I can crush and feed, so I'll give these a go and see if they take a liking to either. I pray that they do as it's the only option right now

View attachment 196953
oh boooo! I am sorry you lost one of your fry!

I don't know anything about the worm cultures...so I have no idea what went wrong there. Could you throw together a shrimp hatchery again really quick? Mine hatch in less than 24 hours as long as I keep the water in the hatchery very very warm. I have never taken the actual temp....but I am sure it is pushing 90 degrees!! It is such a small hatchery and then it has a 40W lamp shining on it 24/7!

Your babies can't be too far behind mine....so I know they are CAPABLE of eating bigger fish food.....but the question is....will they?! Maybe if they get hungry enough! They did manage to survive without much food while you were gone for a week....so maybe they will be ok. Just crumble up the flakes really small for them....If they get hungry enough hopefully they will eat them!

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
oh boooo! I am sorry you lost one of your fry!

I don't know anything about the worm cultures...so I have no idea what went wrong there. Could you throw together a shrimp hatchery again really quick? Mine hatch in less than 24 hours as long as I keep the water in the hatchery very very warm. I have never taken the actual temp....but I am sure it is pushing 90 degrees!! It is such a small hatchery and then it has a 40W lamp shining on it 24/7!

Your babies can't be too far behind mine....so I know they are CAPABLE of eating bigger fish food.....but the question is....will they?! Maybe if they get hungry enough! They did manage to survive without much food while you were gone for a week....so maybe they will be ok. Just crumble up the flakes really small for them....If they get hungry enough hopefully they will eat them!
I have no eggs left

It's harsh, but my only option is to keep with the flake food and cross my fingers that they take to flake food. I mixed the two foods I have and mashed with a rolling pin in a sandwich bag! It's nice and small now, I hope they do eat

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have no eggs left

It's harsh, but my only option is to keep with the flake food and cross my fingers that they take to flake food. I mixed the two foods I have and mashed with a rolling pin in a sandwich bag! It's nice and small now, I hope they do eat
I'm crossing my fingers for ya! I hope that at the VERY LEAST you have a sole survivor to raise and enjoy!

Where are my pictures!!!!!!!? lol

edit...and you are not being harsh! Your guys have to be like at least 4-5 weeks old now! They need to grow up and learn how to eat grown up food!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom