Angel fish eggs

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
From what I have read, the pearlscale gene that dad carries along with his platinum color are both genes that must be carried by both parents in order for the babies to have it. So unless mom has either of those genes recessively, then the babies won't have them. But I do think dad's genes contributed to the marbles that have just a few spots...mom is responsible for all the darker marbles.

With that being said....and this probably won't happen for many many months...but if any of their babies pair up...then those two babies both have dad's genes RECESSIVELY so their offspring could provide pearlscale and platinum babies.

I have done so much reading on angelfish genetics...its crazy.

I'm counting down the days !

clemdawg

Reaction score
Nice pics.

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Couple of slightly clearer pictures this morning as they were on the near side of the tank for once when I first turned the light on!

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461738007.180697.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461738051.134930.jpg

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461738704.332807.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461738726.180625.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461738745.121763.jpg

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
Couple of slightly clearer pictures this morning as they were on the near side of the tank for once when I first turned the light on!

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461738007.180697.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461738051.134930.jpg

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461738704.332807.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461738726.180625.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461738745.121763.jpg
They are looking gorgeous!! You've done a great job! I really hope they can tough it out next week!!

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
How's everybody doing today? When are you leaving?

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
How's everybody doing today? When are you leaving?
I found one dead today, no idea why, but still many survivors! After I found one dead I did a very large water change, around 80-90% actually as it'll be my last one before I go away. It's Thursday night here and I get back into the UK next Saturday afternoon, so even longer than a week, not too hopeful for any survivors but we will see.

My housemate will be doing daily feedings of worms for me, but only once a day and I wouldn't want him doing water changes as he has zero experience. I think they stand more chance in week old water than hot water changes with no prime

How're you getting on?

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
I found one dead today, no idea why, but still many survivors! After I found one dead I did a very large water change, around 80-90% actually as it'll be my last one before I go away. It's Thursday night here and I get back into the UK next Saturday afternoon, so even longer than a week, not too hopeful for any survivors but we will see.

My housemate will be doing daily feedings of worms for me, but only once a day and I wouldn't want him doing water changes as he has zero experience. I think they stand more chance in week old water than hot water changes with no prime

How're you getting on?
I wish you and your angels and your housemate luck!!! I really hope you get blessed with some survivors!!

All of mine are doing well! They are SOOOOOOOOO dang cute I can't get over it!! It is hard to watch their dad go through whatever he is going through. And I desperately hope he recovers!! He has now been put in an official hospital tank.

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
I wish you and your angels and your housemate luck!!! I really hope you get blessed with some survivors!!

All of mine are doing well! They are SOOOOOOOOO dang cute I can't get over it!! It is hard to watch their dad go through whatever he is going through. And I desperately hope he recovers!! He has now been put in an official hospital tank.
Wishing your angel luck too! Bet it's horrible to see him struggling. At least he blesses you with the little beauties you have now

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
. At least he blesses you with the little beauties you have now
Absolutely!! And the batch I am raising right now was his last and maybe final try at it. And it was the first and only truly successful spawn! I am so grateful he was able to make it for one more spawn so I could raise his babies!! I might never put him back with his wife again. Even if/when he recovers! I haven't decided. It appears they are not able to raise babies together without fighting. I would rather not put him through that again if he does make a turn around!! So he might be retiring early from breeding.

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope when you come back next week I have great news about my daddy angel!! And I hope you have great news about your babies angels!

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
Absolutely!! And the batch I am raising right now was his last and maybe final try at it. And it was the first and only truly successful spawn! I am so grateful he was able to make it for one more spawn so I could raise his babies!! I might never put him back with his wife again. Even if/when he recovers! I haven't decided. It appears they are not able to raise babies together without fighting. I would rather not put him through that again if he does make a turn around!! So he might be retiring early from breeding.

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope when you come back next week I have great news about my daddy angel!! And I hope you have great news about your babies angels!
No doubt I'll pop on here for an update at some point during my time in Dubai. Will let you know when I do and I expect a full update from you too

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Can you believe it... I have survivors! Around 8-10 I think, will get pictures tomorrow when I feel less jet lagged ! Just done a large water change and thrown some worms in to tide them over.

I guess these little guys are more hardy than we give credit. They had 6 feedings over 8 days and zero water changes. Granted I lost about half but I never expected to come back to find 10 survivors. They've certainly grown too

How are you getting on bizaliz3

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
Can you believe it... I have survivors! Around 8-10 I think, will get pictures tomorrow when I feel less jet lagged ! Just done a large water change and thrown some worms in to tide them over.

I guess these little guys are more hardy than we give credit. They had 6 feedings over 8 days and zero water changes. Granted I lost about half but I never expected to come back to find 10 survivors. They've certainly grown too

How are you getting on bizaliz3
Wooo hooooooooo!!!!! I am so glad to hear that!!! I was so anxious to hear from you!!!! :)

I'm glad you made it home safely and I'm so happy that you still have some little guys!!

My guys are doing well! And I got my new ones from angelmania! They aren't much bigger than mine! Super cute!

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
Wooo hooooooooo!!!!! I am so glad to hear that!!! I was so anxious to hear from you!!!! :)

I'm glad you made it home safely and I'm so happy that you still have some little guys!!

My guys are doing well! And I got my new ones from angelmania! They aren't much bigger than mine! Super cute!
Just checked your lone survivor thread and can't see any pics! I assume you have some ?

Here's a few of my little ones that are left

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1462649862.166987.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1462649883.225218.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1462649901.534230.jpg

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
Just checked your lone survivor thread and can't see any pics! I assume you have some ?
There are a few newer pics of my babies on that thread but not the new angels. I still need to get some good pics of them!

Here's the thread about my experience

Edit: I just added some pictures of the new guys on that thread

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Welcome back Mark! I have to admit I was wondering how the fry did! That sounds like a much more manageable number to raise too! Congrats on hearty fish!

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey Mark! How are things?

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
Hey Mark! How are things?
Hey! Things are going well. Still at the same number of fry and some of them are growing some serious fins! Also got another new batch of eggs in the community tank that my angels have for the first time ever protected overnight, still a lot of eggs there too! Pics below . How are yours? What are you feeding now?

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1463417239.974933.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1463417248.661894.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1463417257.280430.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1463417265.969534.jpg

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
Hey! Things are going well. Still at the same number of fry and some of them are growing some serious fins! Also got another new batch of eggs in the community tank that my angels have for the first time ever protected overnight, still a lot of eggs there too! Pics below . How are yours? What are you feeding now?

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1463417239.974933.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1463417248.661894.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1463417257.280430.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1463417265.969534.jpg

Oh WOW! Look at them :) They are so cute! Nice job with them!

Mine are doing well. All 16 of them. They are getting pretty cramped now in their 20 gallon. So I am planning to move them up to the 46 gallon soon!

As for feeding....well....yesterday was a milestone....I finally got to take down the BBS hatchery!!! AAAAAAHHHH!!!! It feels so dang good to not have that thing on my kitchen counter 24/7. All of my babies are finally eating something other than live BBS. I have actually been feeding them the food that I bought from angelmania when I purchased my blue angels from them. And since they are eating that, I am sure they would eat other things. The important part is that they are not being as picky and I can take a break from the BBS. I may still hatch some every few days for a treat. But I am so in need of a BBS break!!!! :)

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
Oh WOW! Look at them :) They are so cute! Nice job with them!

Mine are doing well. All 16 of them. They are getting pretty cramped now in their 20 gallon. So I am planning to move them up to the 46 gallon soon!

As for feeding....well....yesterday was a milestone....I finally got to take down the BBS hatchery!!! AAAAAAHHHH!!!! It feels so dang good to not have that thing on my kitchen counter 24/7. All of my babies are finally eating something other than live BBS. I have actually been feeding them the food that I bought from angelmania when I purchased my blue angels from them. And since they are eating that, I am sure they would eat other things. The important part is that they are not being as picky and I can take a break from the BBS. I may still hatch some every few days for a treat. But I am so in need of a BBS break!!!! :)
Great news!! I've been feeding purely microworms for well over a month now and all going well . I reckon they're getting to a size where they can eat other food but I don't have anything at the moment! I may go down to the fish shop and see if there's anything I can pick up from there

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
Great news!! I've been feeding purely microworms for well over a month now and all going well . I reckon they're getting to a size where they can eat other food but I don't have anything at the moment! I may go down to the fish shop and see if there's anything I can pick up from there
Do you have any flake food you can just crumble up for them?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom