Angel fish eggs

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
But they are technically supposed to have like 4-5 small feeding per DAY....I will be absolutely SHOCKED if they survive a week with just a couple feedings.

I guess we'll find out!! I really hope you have some survivors after that week! Just make sure to find a way to get me some photos without the blue light before you take off!! :)
Well now that I know it irritates you as much as it does me I'm going to pop down to a hardware shop right now and get one!

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
Well now that I know it irritates you as much as it does me I'm going to pop down to a hardware shop right now and get one!
HAHA cool! Thanks!! :) I have to see the beauties before you leave incase they don't make it! :)

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The pictures are by no means good, but a little clearer !

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461685474.134933.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461685483.388461.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461685492.025564.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461685610.610965.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461685641.408790.jpg

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
The pictures are by no means good, but a little clearer !

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461685474.134933.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461685483.388461.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461685492.025564.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461685610.610965.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461685641.408790.jpg
Awww look at them! They are so cute!! I wish you didn't have to leave! :)

It definitely helps not having that blue light!!!

Hey Tolak , is there anything that MarkN1990 can do during his week away that might give these angel fry a chance to survive? We are talking little to no food and no water changes for a week...and they will be about 2 weeks old. Do you think they have a chance AT ALL? Is there anything he can do to give them a better chance at survival? I am thinking they won't make it...but maybe he will be pleasantly surprised.

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I could ask my housemate to feed them daily, but I'm not sure whether that would cause more harm than good as a majority wouldn't get eaten and would mean bad water quality

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
a majority wouldn't get eaten and would mean bad water quality
Don't speak to soon....by Friday they might be eating a lot more than they are now. Mine are finishing up their BBS much faster than they used to! So maybe there won't be as much left uneaten as you would think. But your housemate would have to pay attention to how much food is in there before adding more.

Are the worms alive when you feed them? And if so, how long do they stay alive in the baby tank? Cuz my BBS can swim around in the tank for hours and hours and hours. So one feeding, if not finished, would last for a while if the worms don't die off and cause poor water quality....

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
Don't speak to soon....by Friday they might be eating a lot more than they are now. Mine are finishing up their BBS much faster than they used to! So maybe there won't be as much left uneaten as you would think. But your housemate would have to pay attention to how much food is in there before adding more.

Are the worms alive when you feed them? And if so, how long do they stay alive in the baby tank? Cuz my BBS can swim around in the tank for hours and hours and hours. So one feeding, if not finished, would last for a while if the worms don't die off and cause poor water quality....
They can stay alive for around 12 hours, which is why I will try and ask him to feed once a day. Yes they're alive when fed but can't swim so sink right to the bottom and wiggle around on there.

He has never kept fish it's not his thing at all, I've shown him how to feed them so he will do that once a day, I can't expect him to pay attention to how many are on the bottom really. I'll be getting daily updates from him all the way from Dubai that's for sure !

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
They can stay alive for around 12 hours, which is why I will try and ask him to feed once a day. Yes they're alive when fed but can't swim so sink right to the bottom and wiggle around on there.

He has never kept fish it's not his thing at all, I've shown him how to feed them so he will do that once a day, I can't expect him to pay attention to how many are on the bottom really. I'll be getting daily updates from him all the way from Dubai that's for sure !
its great that your housemate can be of SOME assistance anyway. And I understand the fact that he is not into fish. I have some family and friends that would do pretty much anything for me....but if I asked them to care for my fish for a week....they would probably say no! LOL

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
its great that your housemate can be of SOME assistance anyway. And I understand the fact that he is not into fish. I have some family and friends that would do pretty much anything for me....but if I asked them to care for my fish for a week....they would probably say no! LOL
Hahaha exactly! And I'm also asking him to feed live worms which isn't the nicest of tasks

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have found that the micro worms don't seem to foul the water like a lot of the processed foods do so a week of no water changes might not be as bad as you fear.

I do hope you will be able to enjoy your vacation and not be to stressed about your wonderful little fishy friends. They may be a lot tougher than we give them credit for.

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
mattgirl said:
I have found that the micro worms don't seem to foul the water like a lot of the processed foods do so a week of no water changes might not be as bad as you fear.

I do hope you will be able to enjoy your vacation and not be to stressed about your wonderful little fishy friends. They may be a lot tougher than we give them credit for.
Do you feed exclusively microworms? How does your fry poo look is it pure white ?

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
Do you feed exclusively microworms? How does your fry poo look is it pure white ?
I did for the first week or so and then started adding some of the mixture I make up for them. Instead of buying fry food I took a tiny bit of all the different foods I feed my adult fish (shrimp pellets, tetra crisps, flakes, sinking wafers, algae wafers, freeze dried shrimp and bloodworms) and ground it all up as fine as I could get it. Then I strained it through a super fine screen to get any of the bigger pieces out. I then mixed in some blue green algae powder and fed some this mixture at least twice a day. This mixture might not be what your Angel fry need but my danio and cory fry seem to really thrive on it. All of mine are eating adult size food now.

oops, forgot you second question. I actually never really noticed their poo.

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
mattgirl said:
I did for the first week or so and then started adding some of the mixture I make up for them. Instead of buying fry food I took a tiny bit of all the different foods I feed my adult fish (shrimp pellets, tetra crisps, flakes, sinking wafers, algae wafers, freeze dried shrimp and bloodworms) and ground it all up as fine as I could get it. Then I strained it through a super fine screen to get any of the bigger pieces out. I then mixed in some blue green algae powder and fed some this mixture at least twice a day. This mixture might not be what your Angel fry need but my danio and cory fry seem to really thrive on it. All of mine are eating adult size food now.

oops, forgot you second question. I actually never really noticed their poo.
Sounds like a good mix! Mine will be on purely worms for the next week or two then I'll try get brine shrimp hatching again!

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They should be fine with just the worms for a week. By the time you get back they may be big enough to eat finely ground adult food. I forgot to mention, I also sprinkled some of the algae powder on top of my microworm culture. I have read that since the worms eat it they will be even richer food for the fry. Don't know it it is true but thought, it couldn't hurt.

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here's mine today MarkN1990

obviously I focused on the lighter colored ones....since I am most fascinated by them :)

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
Here's mine today MarkN1990

obviously I focused on the lighter colored ones....since I am most fascinated by them :)
They're gorgeous and so much bigger than mine!

So I've just been reading up about microworms and apparently they can live for up to 3 days in fresh water which could well be why my little ones survived. Hopefully if my housemate does even a few good strong feedings through the week then there COULD be survivors ... At least one!

I don't really understand the colouring of yours, the father was pure silver/white no? How are they going to turn out a mix of the both? Any that are pure white like the dad ?

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
They're gorgeous and so much bigger than mine!

So I've just been reading up about microworms and apparently they can live for up to 3 days in fresh water which could well be why my little ones survived. Hopefully if my housemate does even a few good strong feedings through the week then there COULD be survivors ... At least one!
I am crossing my fingers for you!!!! That sounds promising! :)

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
I am crossing my fingers for you!!!! That sounds promising! :)
Edited my post above as you posted I think

Jaxsco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They look like angels now!

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
I don't really understand the colouring of yours, the father was pure silver/white no? How are they going to turn out a mix of the both? Any that are pure white like the dad ?
From what I have read, the pearlscale gene that dad carries along with his platinum color are both genes that must be carried by both parents in order for the babies to have it. So unless mom has either of those genes recessively, then the babies won't have them. But I do think dad's genes contributed to the marbles that have just a few spots...mom is responsible for all the darker marbles.

With that being said....and this probably won't happen for many many months...but if any of their babies pair up...then those two babies both have dad's genes RECESSIVELY so their offspring could provide pearlscale and platinum babies.

I have done so much reading on angelfish genetics...its crazy.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads