Angel fish eggs

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
I can't stop thinking about these poor little guys haha! Maybe I'll have a lone survivor like you bizaliz3
I really hope so! At least one!! How much longer till you get to go home and check on them?

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
I really hope so! At least one!! How much longer till you get to go home and check on them?
Still about 40 hours

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
I'm on the edge of my seat!
Just seen your post about your dying Angel, I'm so sorry to hear it how upsetting! Hopefully you get some similar in your litter of fry

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
Just seen your post about your dying Angel, I'm so sorry to hear it how upsetting! Hopefully you get some similar in your litter of fry
Thanks. I just can't imagine how much harder this would be if I never had any of his babies first. Did you see the picture I posted of him when I first got him? He was just a little baby about the size of the Lone Survivor right now :)

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
Thanks. I just can't imagine how much harder this would be if I never had any of his babies first. Did you see the picture I posted of him when I first got him? He was just a little baby about the size of the Lone Survivor right now :)
Yeh adorable! At least it means you won't be over run with fry for a while, right? and you can keep the family name going so it could be a lot worse !

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Mom's being overprotective! :)

So how much longer till your home?

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
Mom's being overprotective! :)

So how much longer till your home?
These videos are amazing!! What a great phone to be able to show us this!

Probably 12-13 hours until I'm home.... Very nervous!

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
These videos are amazing!! What a great phone to be able to show us this!

Probably 12-13 hours until I'm home.... Very nervous!
So what's the word? I'm still on the edge of my seat!

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
So what's the word? I'm still on the edge of my seat!
5 mins away from home now!

I really messed up... Turns out I forgot to turn back on the air pump before I left so they've had zero filtration, no water changes and no food for 3 days

HOWEVER, some are still alive?!? I couldn't believe it.. Guess they're more hardy than we give them credit for ?? I think I have 7 remaining

Just done a massive feeding of microworms, will give them an hour it so to forage around the floor for them then do a massive water change, probably 70-80%

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
I really messed up... Turns out I forgot to turn back on the air pump before I left so they've had zero filtration, no water changes and no food for 3 days

HOWEVER, some are still alive?!? I couldn't believe it.. Guess they're more hardy than we give them credit for ?? I think I have 7 remaining

Just done a massive feeding of microworms, will give them an hour it so to forage around the floor for them then do a massive water change, probably 70-80%
YAY! That's great news!

I am so glad to hear you have some survivors! WOO HOOO! And 7 is a great number for you....don't you think? I am so happy for you!

It appears my mommy ate all her fry. They started free swimming on Saturday...and I think she got tired of sucking them up in her mouth and trying to get them to stay put. I am thinking she was still "learning" and ended up eating them thinking they were threatened for some reason? I don't know. She has the tank to herlself, so there is no reason for her to feel they were threatened. It's just odd that she would take such good care of them until this point and then just eat them. I would LOVE for her to get more practice....but.....dad is on his "last leg"....or should I say "last fin". I might be done with breeding sadly....unless I get blessed with another pair at some point. Or if dad miraculously recovers. I am really crushed. I was not ready to be totally done breeding :-(

BUT at least my 16 babies from the previous batch are thriving!! They are getting so big :)

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Oh, MarkN1990, how frustrating. But hooray for some Very hardy survivors! are they showing any coloring yet?

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Mom2some said:
Oh, @, how frustrating. But hooray for some Very hardy survivors! are they showing any coloring yet?
They sure are! Can certainly tell which will follow after the mother and which the father

bizaliz3 said:
YAY! That's great news!

I am so glad to hear you have some survivors! WOO HOOO! And 7 is a great number for you....don't you think? I am so happy for you!

It appears my mommy ate all her fry. They started free swimming on Saturday...and I think she got tired of sucking them up in her mouth and trying to get them to stay put. I am thinking she was still "learning" and ended up eating them thinking they were threatened for some reason? I don't know. She has the tank to herlself, so there is no reason for her to feel they were threatened. It's just odd that she would take such good care of them until this point and then just eat them. I would LOVE for her to get more practice....but.....dad is on his "last leg"....or should I say "last fin". I might be done with breeding sadly....unless I get blessed with another pair at some point. Or if dad miraculously recovers. I am really crushed. I was not ready to be totally done breeding :-(

BUT at least my 16 babies from the previous batch are thriving!! They are getting so big :)
Aww I feel awful for you! Why is he not well, I never asked, just old age?

Your babies are so beautiful they make up for not being able to breed for a while! As hard as it'll be, you may be able to get a new male breeder, as from my experience it's certainly possible

I've actually just counted 20 ish babies so I don't think ANY actually died !

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
Aww I feel awful for you! Why is he not well, I never asked, just old age?

Your babies are so beautiful they make up for not being able to breed for a while! As hard as it'll be, you may be able to get a new male breeder, as from my experience it's certainly possible

I've actually just counted 20 ish babies so I don't think ANY actually died !
That's great news! I am glad they are all hanging in there!! They are all so lucky!! Remind me what mom and dad look like...

Why is my dad not well?? That is what I would like to know!! Its definitely not old age because I got him as a baby just 2 years ago. Basically, he definitely has a swim bladder issue. But what caused that issue is unknown. It can be caused by constipation, or an illness, or an injury. I have ruled out constipation, and I am so convinced he is not sick....so I think his swim bladder was injured by his wife in a brawl and I am not really sure if he can recover from that kind of injury.

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
That's great news! I am glad they are all hanging in there!! They are all so lucky!! Remind me what mom and dad look like...

Why is my dad not well?? That is what I would like to know!! Its definitely not old age because I got him as a baby just 2 years ago. Basically, he definitely has a swim bladder issue. But what caused that issue is unknown. It can be caused by constipation, or an illness, or an injury. I have ruled out constipation, and I am so convinced he is not sick....so I think his swim bladder was injured by his wife in a brawl and I am not really sure if he can recover from that kind of injury.
Mums black marble and dads a koi. Very easy to distinguish between which fry has who's traits!

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461606850.080790.jpg

Can't really see them in that but it's the best pic I can find atm!

I've got everything crossed for the dad. Could well have been when you said they were getting nasty. Great job on removing him when you did

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 how is everything today in your neck of the woods? Can you get any decent pics of your babies yet? How many do you think you have at this point?

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
MarkN1990 how is everything today in your neck of the woods? Can you get any decent pics of your babies yet? How many do you think you have at this point?
Things are good! This is the best picture I can get because of the blue light! Got about 20 still

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461679131.497277.jpg

I go on holiday for a week on Friday so unfortunately that'll no doubt be the end for the poor things. Will try and ask my housemate to throw in some microworms but he's not very good at that sort of thing! Even if he did, a week without water changes will probably be fatal anyway. Disappointing but learnt an endless amount so will be much more successful next time

How about you ?

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
Things are good! This is the best picture I can get because of the blue light! Got about 20 still

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1461679131.497277.jpg

I go on holiday for a week on Friday so unfortunately that'll no doubt be the end for the poor things. Will try and ask my housemate to throw in some microworms but he's not very good at that sort of thing! Even if he did, a week without water changes will probably be fatal anyway. Disappointing but learnt an endless amount so will be much more successful next time

How about you ?
You gotta stop leaving town so much!!! LOL

And get rid of that dang blue light! I want to see your babies! LOL!!!!

So if you are going out of town on Friday....how long will they have been free swimming by that point? Two weeks? They are getting a little more hardy after the first couple weeks. But still really sensitive....maybe get them in something really highly filtered for that week you are gone. Although, even if they are in good water, they will most likely starve.....I wish I could wiggle my nose and show up at your place and give your fish some care while you are gone! And then wiggle my nose and be back home again. LOL

My babies are doing excellent. The markings on the lighter colored ones are getting really unique and cool looking.

MarkN1990

Well Known Member
Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
You gotta stop leaving town so much!!! LOL

And get rid of that dang blue light! I want to see your babies! LOL!!!!

So if you are going out of town on Friday....how long will they have been free swimming by that point? Two weeks? They are getting a little more hardy after the first couple weeks. But still really sensitive....maybe get them in something really highly filtered for that week you are gone. Although, even if they are in good water, they will most likely starve.....I wish I could wiggle my nose and show up at your place and give your fish some care while you are gone! And then wiggle my nose and be back home again. LOL

My babies are doing excellent. The markings on the lighter colored ones are getting really unique and cool looking.
Hahah yes that would be very helpful if you could please!! I'm not entirely sure, I'm a few days behind you so around a couple of weeks.

I'll ask my housemate to throw some worms in and see if any survive. Going from when I was away for 3 days they should hopefully be able to survive a week with one or two feedings!

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MarkN1990 said:
Going from when I was away for 3 days they should hopefully be able to survive a week with one or two feedings!
But they are technically supposed to have like 4-5 small feeding per DAY....I will be absolutely SHOCKED if they survive a week with just a couple feedings.

I guess we'll find out!! I really hope you have some survivors after that week! Just make sure to find a way to get me some photos without the blue light before you take off!! :)

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads