angel fish and tiger barbs

cory

Reaction score
alright, i know now its not recommended to have tiger barbs in with angelfish,i dont want to see anything bad happen to the angels,but its been over two weeks ive had 5 angel fish in my 55 gallon with 6 tiger barbs and some other fish.i haven had any problems yet,the tiger barbs are always chasing each other around the tank and nipping at each other and my 2 apple snails.
i have a 20 gallon tank also,should i set it back up or leave them all in the 55 gallon?????
thanks for any advice in advance
cm

JP

Valued Member
Reaction score
I would continue to keep a close eye on them. The barbs will benefit from having the extra space of the 55. Though, when/if they decide to go after those angels it won't take long for them to cause some significant damage. I would let your snails move to the 20. They can't be happy being nipped.

cory

Reaction score
JP said:
I would continue to keep a close eye on them. The barbs will benefit from having the extra space of the 55. Though, when/if they decide to go after those angels it won't take long for them to cause some significant damage. I would let your snails move to the 20. They can't be happy being nipped.

that was quick thanks for the advice, yeah i was thinking of moving the snails to the 20 gallon so i could have real plants in my 55 gallon- the plants i did have only lasted a couple days (didnt realize the apple snails would do that much damage.

JP

Valued Member
Reaction score
That happens. Some varieties of "apple snails" are ferocious plant eaters. Even the ones that aren't known to mess with plants will if they're not provided with enough food (just as plecos and other algae-eating species, they cannot live off the algae in a tank alone). is a great resource if you're interested in learning more about them. :)

cory

Reaction score
JP said:
That happens. Some varieties of "apple snails" are ferocious plant eaters. Even the ones that aren't known to mess with plants will if they're not provided with enough food (just as plecos and other algae-eating species, they cannot live off the algae in a tank alone). is a great resource if you're interested in learning more about them. :)
cool thanks,bookmarked that page ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom